Myss Terrie's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Myss Terrie's Forum

Myss Terrie's forum is the online haven for members of the MOUL bevin, where we chat about life, the universe -- and everything.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Myst Movie Is Real

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Azaia
Azaia

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Myst Movie Is Real Empty
PostSubject: Myst Movie Is Real   Myst Movie Is Real Sm-compass50Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Rose

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:58 am Post subject: Myst Movie Is Real

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So....it looks like there IS a Myst Movie in the works after all. Solving the final puzzle linked to a website describing the current status of the movie. From what I can gather, the movie's being made by a group a people, fans I think, with Cyan's blessing. There are no contracts yet, nor is anything available for preview, but there's definitely something a-brewin'.

The movie website is a puzzle; if you want to take a look at it, use the spoiler below to solve the puzzle.....

SPOILER:

Enter the D'ni numbers listed below in the login box, one at a time. The picture should build upon each number entered, till you have a full picture, which then turns into a linking panel. Click on the movey, wavy, picture-link.

vahgahbree
naigahbree
bree
vahgahtor
heegahfah
naigahfah
vahgahfah
naivoo
heebor
tor
naigahtor
heegahbree
sehn
vaht
fah
naigahsehn
vahgahsehn

Dimitrios

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:50 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The people who solved that are genius!!
(Dimitrios is running to buy tons of pop corn cause he will see this movie about a thoushand times )
Here is what Rand wrote in the site.

"Project Passage represents an unorthodox approach to making a Myst movie. As you all know, here at Cyan we’ve shared your passion for a theatrical release motion picture of the Myst novels. We’ve had plenty of ups and downs - rumors and surprises, and a lot of disappointment. But we still have vivid, big-screen mind-movies of the scenes, scenery and characters… and we always get excited by what we see.

When Patrick and Adrian sent us their first creative proposal for Project Passage it lingered for a while. When we finally got around to watching the DVD proposal we were impressed by the work they had put into it, but more importantly, we were ignited by their passion. We suddenly realized that making a Myst movie was not about Hollywood and studios and cigars and agents. It was about passion. So we gave a couple of non-Hollywood types a call and told them we should go for it.

Project Passage did not begin with the disingenuous handshakes of martini executives over burrata caprese at Madeo, but with some real-world, tap-water, grass-roots determination for something that just has to be done. It’s an amazing thing to witness a process like that - a “bootstrap” kind of operation that by sheer force of will and fan excitement manages to pull off something big.

And here’s the fun part - You’ve been invited to witness and be involved in the process - to be an intimate part of a journey to accomplish the impossible. We’ll all be part of every step that Adrian and Patrick take along the way!

It’s time to try to make a movie! The process is going to be crazy and frustrating, invigorating and surprising, infuriating and - most of all - rewarding. In the end, we might all get to sit down with some popcorn and smile from ear to ear. But the big point is that nothing happens unless we try. So let’s try to do it - and let’s try to do it right.

We’ll all share this journey - after all, that’s what life is about.

Rand

7:07 pm" 25 Januarry 2008

Thnak you Rose i needed cause i had lost the forum where they were trying to solve the black page.

Rose

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:06 pm Post subject:

Sorry, I forgot to include the website URL

http://mystmovie.com/

Edit: The site has been updated - you should be able to enter the site without entering all those numbers.

Dimitrios

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:49 pm Post subject:

Hey its free ,the entrance is free now yoohoooooooo

Rose

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:06 pm Post subject:

The Myst Movie production team is alive and well. They've called us to action.

http://mystmovie.com/2008/03/05/the-state-of-things/

Time to publicize their efforts, all we can.

p.s. A movie could do nothing but help UruLive become popular - maybe it will lead to the reactivation of UruLive. Hopefully!

Dimitrios

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:50 pm Post subject:

Allright time for action

atheni33

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:18 pm Post subject:

WooHoo!

Myss_Terrie

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:50 pm Post subject:

I found this link online Myst Movie Rights Contention. Sounds like Hollywood's heavy-hitters are involved.

Those who do not learn the lessons of history
should avoid time travel.

Rose

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:53 pm Post subject:

Sorry MyssT, but that's an old article, from 2002. But who knows, maybe their interest will be re-piqued!

Rose

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:59 pm Post subject:

I haven't been able to think of anything to do yet, to help publicize the movie, other than tell some friends. Anyone got any ideas? I do know a person who owns a printing shop, and maybe I can get some decals (or something, I'm open to suggestions) we can distribute around. I'd have to pay for them, but I'm willing to if we come up with a solid idea. I don't know, sounds kinda lame. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

clkdd

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:02 pm Post subject:

It's a conumdrum. There are two major issues here as I see it: 1) How does one explain the whole underlying Myst experience to a person who hasn't been part of it and 2) how does one market something that may not ever come to pass?

I guess it could start with communicating how Myst "becomes your world", mention the movie and somehow point a person to a website where there is information on both. Maybe on a country-wide level someone or someones could start to enlist focus groups in major cities to get the word out through advertising or some other means. Of course, that will take money. I will be willing to contribute some cash myself, but to get this off the ground is going to take some money and a substantial amount of effort. Maybe someone in the Myst community has experience in this. Who knew that someone had movie experience (or was learning along the way) or just even had the passion to get something like this going in the first place? We are a community of many talents. We just need to enlist the help of the right people.

The soap box has been vacated....

Gandhar

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:08 am Post subject:

Maybe not the newest on the movie, however, I happened across this yesterday.

http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=64246
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Myst Movie Is Real Empty
PostSubject: Re: Myst Movie Is Real   Myst Movie Is Real Sm-compass50Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:38 pm

The first press release for the movie has been posted here:
http://mystmovie.com/2009/07/29/the-appetizer/

They have the option from Cyan to use what they have so far for publicity, as quoted from Cyan's news page: "MFG has acquired the option to Myst: The Book of Ti’ana from Cyan. What that means is that Cyan has entrusted the keys to the movie to MFG, so they can take the material they’ve created and the connections that they’ve made and officially pitch it, shop it, sell it, and shoot it."
http://cyanworlds.com/news/
Back to top Go down
Charura
Guide
Guide

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Myst Movie Is Real Empty
PostSubject: Re: Myst Movie Is Real   Myst Movie Is Real Sm-compass50Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:45 pm

Newest Update...Read the whole thing..I'm going to buy everyone tickets (just kidding)

http://mystmovie.com/2010/07/25/a-swing-and-a/
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

Myst Movie Is Real Empty
PostSubject: Re: Myst Movie Is Real   Myst Movie Is Real Sm-compass50Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:23 pm

Thanks, Charura.

I know we have a newer thread somewhere, but I just moved this one up. The other is probably buried.

Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

Myst Movie Is Real Empty
PostSubject: Re: Myst Movie Is Real   Myst Movie Is Real Sm-compass50Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:33 pm

Once again, I'm behind....

Update from Sept 30th:
http://mystmovie.com/2010/09/30/all-the-news-thats-fit-for-print/

Movieweb announcement:
http://www.movieweb.com/news/NE9pC0EenadJc9

Penny Arcade with a comic piece about it:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/10/4/
The Penny Arcade news on it:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/2010/10/4/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Myst Movie Is Real Empty