Myss Terrie's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Myss Terrie's Forum

Myss Terrie's forum is the online haven for members of the MOUL bevin, where we chat about life, the universe -- and everything.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Myst: End of Ages

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Myst: End of Ages Empty
PostSubject: Myst: End of Ages   Myst: End of Ages Sm-compass50Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:35 pm

I know, this is technically a URU game, but thought this is a better place for it.

I just finished it after taking my sweet time with it. And I'm getting better - needed to look at uhs hints a lot less than I did before. I think knowing the storyline really helps a lot.

I loved the game a lot. Esher kept popping up and irritating me though. Laughing

I was irritated at the end when it wouldn't let me out of the credits ... until I read my big surprise. That one of my favorite actors from M*A*S*H was Esher's voice. I love seeing good actors like that in my favorite game.

Things I found out :

• The bahro won't respond to the tablet unless I'm in the classic mode.
  • Sometimes the bahro are picky about what direction you face when dropping the tablet.
  • I suck at drawing with the mouse. Razz
  • Sometimes you have to drop the tablet more than once. (or perhaps it was my crappy drawing.)
  • It is possible for a bahro to freeze ... not the game, just the bahro at the tablet, so saving often is smart.
  • The game works well for the most part, but it is possible for it to get stuck - usually either going back to a previous save fixes it, or doing the cues over and over loosens it.

Things I wondered about:

1. Is Esher dead or just imprisoned? Couldn't remember if we were told.
  2. Did Atrus really die of old age?
  3. Why does Yeesha walk around hunched over like an older person in this game? She walked tall in URU and MOUL.
Back to top Go down
SeanMc74
SeanMc74

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Myst: End of Ages   Myst: End of Ages Sm-compass50Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:15 pm

ms. isis wrote:

1. Is Esher dead or just imprisoned? Couldn't remember if we were told.
  2. Did Atrus really die of old age?
  3. Why does Yeesha walk around hunched over like an older person in this game? She walked tall in URU and MOUL.

I think the game implied that Esher was killed and it wasn't going to be a quick death.

Atrus did die of old age, or would soon. Crying or Very sad

I think they made her out to be older then she "really" is.
Back to top Go down
Charura
Guide
Guide

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Myst: End of Ages   Myst: End of Ages Sm-compass50Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:40 pm

Sean wrote:

'I think the game implied that Esher was killed and it wasn't going to be a quick death.'

I'm thinking that he (Esher) was imprisoned by the Bahro because he imprisoned them and has been forced to live out his existence in solitude and servitude, only because the Bahro, in my opinion, are a forgiving race and do not accept death as a principle, just a fact of life.

Ms. Isis wrote:

'Did Atrus really die of old age?'

With Gandhars' help (My Dad) I was able to see several things. Without showing any of the outcomes available with the options available at the end of the story.......I can honestly say that Atrus was alive at the end of the story....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Myst: End of Ages   Myst: End of Ages Sm-compass50

Back to top Go down

Myst: End of Ages
Page 1 of 1