Myss Terrie's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Myss Terrie's Forum

Myss Terrie's forum is the online haven for members of the MOUL bevin, where we chat about life, the universe -- and everything.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bad news for MORE

Go down 
+3
ms. isis
R'ubi Mai
SeanMc74
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SeanMc74
SeanMc74

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Bad news for MORE Empty
PostSubject: Bad news for MORE   Bad news for MORE Sm-compass50Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:14 pm

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Quote :

Chogon

Post Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:06 pm — Post subject: MORE Urulive status - Strange times. - repost.
Sorry for the long silence, things have been quickly shifting in these strange times.

Even though the development of MORE Urulive has been progressing (the new account system is nearly done!), I'm sorry to say that outside events have caused us to put this project on indefinite hold.

The MORE project was not funded directly but was riding on the coat tails of other projects. Unfortunately and very suddenly, a major revenue stream to Cyan was disrupted. The current Wall Street problems have had a significant, although indirect, effect.

We have no alternative than to put this project on hold. The ultimate future of MORE UruLive will be determined over the coming months. If or when moneys become available we will reassess the roadmap at that time.

Currently, Cyan is redirecting its priorities to focus only on fully funded projects. Of which, Myst for the iPhone/iPod Touch is one of and that project is progressing very well.

From all of us at Cyan, thank you for all your support.
Back to top Go down
R'ubi Mai
Guide
Guide

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Bad news for MORE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad news for MORE   Bad news for MORE Sm-compass50Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm

You know, I'm so frustrated...I've been playing Uru: Ages Beyond Myst, and it's so beautiful, but I'm lonely; and I keep getting mixed up, and looking for things and places that are in other parts of the Complete Chronicals, and there's no one to check with or ask for help. I've been waiting patiently, staying hopeful, telling myself it won't be long before we're all back in the Cavern together...Now that tantalizing goal has slipped away again, back to the limbo of "maybe, if--". I'm sad, and I miss you all. R'ubi
Back to top Go down
SeanMc74
SeanMc74

Bad news for MORE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad news for MORE   Bad news for MORE Sm-compass50Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:54 pm

I think the only option left for MORE is to turn it over to the fans and let them run servers. I can’t see Cyan being in any position to run this again at least not for a very long time. Do we wait another year or two before the community is completely gone before we hear yes MORE is back then only to be disappointed again when it’s canceled. Cyan needs to focus on profitable ventures and let us, the fans have URU or I think URU / MORE is dead for good this time.
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Bad news for MORE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad news for MORE   Bad news for MORE Sm-compass50Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:17 pm

I've been waiting to hear this news in light of what's been going on in the financial area. Was hoping I wouldn't, but kind of expected it. All companies, mine included, are going to have to be flexible to survive until things reset themselves. I had a feeling that Cyan would have to divert their attention to things that will allow them to survive - and the business part of me is relieved that they are making survival a priority - it means they have a future still.

I'm not worried though. Once things settle, they will bring it back ... or continue the story in another way. I'm betting they will bring it back. But we'll have to be patient and wait.

Maybe the fans who carried the servers before will pull together and provide something temporary for those who want it.

In my case, I'm thinking about joining a few other online games, maybe even SL. I will keep working on my Age creation project - it's a two year plan for it anyway - and hope things stabilize and that Cyan will bring it back. As long as there's interest, and as long as they are in business, there's a future for URU.

Not surprised, and hopeful, but sad ... I Myst my URU friends too. ABM is wonderful, but lonely ...
Back to top Go down
SeanMc74
SeanMc74

Bad news for MORE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad news for MORE   Bad news for MORE Sm-compass50Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:43 pm

I pop into SL every once in a while but it's not the same. I tried There but didn't like the interface so I never went back.

I'm working on Age creation projects too, I have 2 in the works and I signed up for the GOW's Rapid Age Development contest.

Hopefully Cyan will give the fans what they need to run MORE ourselves. There are threads on the MOUL forums about it. I agree with the idea of one shard only to keep everyone together.
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

Bad news for MORE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad news for MORE   Bad news for MORE Sm-compass50Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:53 pm

I feel that there will be some kind of negotiation with Cyan that will allow something to happen.

I didn't care that much for Second Life, but don't like chat either. There's something to be said about having an avvie and being able to see someone "in person". (And I don't like webcams...)

I was going to open a professional writers bevin in URU ... turns out some copywriters are catching on to running talks/classes in Second Life. That's peaked my interest in Second Life a little again.

Guess there's one good thing ... should have time to think about actually getting into Blender now.
Back to top Go down
Kit Fox
Guide
Guide
Kit Fox

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Bad news for MORE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad news for MORE   Bad news for MORE Sm-compass50Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:36 pm

Ugh, it's so frustrating! There is so much potential with UruLive! And yet, nothing is going our way! I haven't been in the Cavern since it closed down... my CD for the offline version is gone.. I can't find it and it's bumming me out! I'm breaking down and starting to re-read the Book of Atrus just to satisfy my desires to get back into D'ni.... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/tobias202
Azaia
Azaia

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Bad news for MORE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad news for MORE   Bad news for MORE Sm-compass50Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:13 am

Like Ms Isis, I was expecting this news, even tho it's discouraging. I too have been making my way in SL and have found a core group of URUites who carry on many of the cavern traditions. There is Karoke on Saturday nights, storytelling on Sunday or Monday depending on the host and always a party somewhere. Many of the sims that were created while waiting for MORE have been de-constructed but with this news they may return. There is still a bevin, Eder GIra and the Minkata Hotel and lounge. So if you need to see and chat with those who are waiting for MORE, Second Life may be the place for you. At least it's not so lonely their as in the re-playing the stand-alone versions of Myst games. If you find yourself their look me up I'm Azaia Segall and you are always welcome to visit the sim I share with friends. Until we can return to the cavern this may be the way to go, and it's free or you can have a premium account. Smile
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

Bad news for MORE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad news for MORE   Bad news for MORE Sm-compass50Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:38 pm

I might end up downloading Second Life after this week. I'm still replaying Exile. Once I finish that, I think I'll get into the community again. I've had family staying her for the last three days, so I also have some work to catch up on first.

Was very surprised that my sister is interested in trying to learn how to play games. I sent some of the easier ones home with her to start off with, and showed her how many played on my pc. Of course, the one she liked the best was URU. I'm pretty sure her pc doesn't have the proper card for it, so I bet hubby will have to install a new one for her on one of our visits. I'm encouraging her to get involved in the cavern when it opens back up.
Back to top Go down
SeanMc74
SeanMc74

Bad news for MORE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad news for MORE   Bad news for MORE Sm-compass50Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:14 pm

I'm starting to hang around in SL more. Friend me Seanmc74 Weezles. Many people are recreating areas of D'ni. It lets us recreate some of what we had in the cavern.
Back to top Go down
Inanna
Admin
Admin
Inanna

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Bad news for MORE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad news for MORE   Bad news for MORE Sm-compass50Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:12 am

Hey there, homies.

I realize that I've been out of touch lately, but I was hoping to get a lot of writing done before getting happily enmeshed in MO:RE. I suppose I should be changing my schedule so that I spend some part writing, some part going through research posts to my email, and the rest of the time here on the forum -- with occasional breaks for food and sleep.

Although I am very disappointed about the news on MO:RE I can not say I am surprised because of the grand fall of our financial infrastructure. I was playing URU solo but it is so lonely that I just got sad and haven't been playing for awhile. I guess I am just too spoiled having good friends to share the view.

I couldn't get into SL. I tried, but all my favorite names were already taken and I never got used to the interface. Also I didn't understand the upgrade system. It looked to me like I needed by "buy" stuff and I am way too broke to spend much on anything. So I have been busy writing two books, switching back and forth as suits my mood.

If there is a way for URU fans to run the game how do you see this happening? I know nothing about running servers etc. so this is a question for our techies. Could we the fans do this and if it is technologically possible, how do you see us going about asking Cyan for permission?

The only idea I can think of is that the bevin reps get together over at MOUL forum and brainstorm ideas for a fan run site, allowing the Guilds to perform the tasks for which they were created. Once we have a proposal that covers the technical, financial, and legal aspects we can send it to Cyan to see if we can work out a deal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.webmousepublications.com
Tomala
Guide
Guide
Tomala

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Bad news for MORE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad news for MORE   Bad news for MORE Sm-compass50Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:57 pm

There is a similar discussion over at the MOUL forum discussing it.

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16390&start=0

Cyan has made it clear that they won't open source the MOUL data for the public to manipulate. If they did, they wouldn't be able to stand behind MO:RE. Another option the community has is running on an older version of Uru, which would be Until Uru (data from prologue and D'mala).It's already possible to run an authentication and data server without Cyan's help. I haven't done it myself, but I've known for years that the possibility exists. So it wouldn't be hard to go online again, at least until the official product comes out.
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

Bad news for MORE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad news for MORE   Bad news for MORE Sm-compass50Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:21 pm

I'm in SL as Issis Ceriano
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bad news for MORE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad news for MORE   Bad news for MORE Sm-compass50

Back to top Go down

Bad news for MORE
Page 1 of 1