Myss Terrie's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Myss Terrie's Forum

Myss Terrie's forum is the online haven for members of the MOUL bevin, where we chat about life, the universe -- and everything.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mysterium 2008 -- Any News?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Myss Terrie
Admin
Admin
Myss Terrie

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Mysterium 2008 -- Any News? Empty
PostSubject: Mysterium 2008 -- Any News?   Mysterium 2008 -- Any News? Sm-compass50Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:10 pm

Well, I had planned on being there, but finances and a little incident with my car meant that I had to cancel. The car thing involves my son Ian learning to drive which in Maryland requires 60 hours behind the wheel before taking the driver's test. At the conclusion of the first hour he took a corner too fast and ground the undercarriage of the Ford Taurus wagon to about $4000 in damages. Only 59 more hours to go . . . Embarassed

So I only got the car back very late on Thursday and by then knew that I had neither the $$ or the time --or possibly the transport -- to get to Boston. That's my story. Anyone who actually made it to Boston this weekend, please report what is going on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.webmousepublications.com
SeanMc74
SeanMc74

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Mysterium 2008 -- Any News?   Mysterium 2008 -- Any News? Sm-compass50Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:03 pm

I wish I was there. There is a thread on the MOUL forum with whats going on.

Ralays from Mysterium
Back to top Go down
SeanMc74
SeanMc74

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Mysterium 2008 -- Any News?   Mysterium 2008 -- Any News? Sm-compass50Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:16 pm

They have picture posted of the event at Mysterium2008

This one is my favorite Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Mysterium 2008 -- Any News? 2706741977_747e3351ab
Back to top Go down
Kit Fox
Guide
Guide
Kit Fox

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Mysterium 2008 -- Any News?   Mysterium 2008 -- Any News? Sm-compass50Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:11 pm

What all goes on at Mysterium? I've been pondering going on a number of occassions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/tobias202
Tomala
Guide
Guide
Tomala

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Mysterium 2008 -- Any News?   Mysterium 2008 -- Any News? Sm-compass50Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:08 am

Kit Fox wrote:
What all goes on at Mysterium? I've been pondering going on a number of occassions.

I attended the 2006 one that was held at Cyan. Lots of fans get together, play games, do activities together, listen to the Cyantists, at Cyan we looked at actual props from the games and talked to our online friends in person. I remember Rand stood on a rock taking pictures of everyone, and gave a small speech before the event got started. After the event at Cyan people would go back to the hotel they all agreed to stay at and have fan presentations. The one I went to was about fan ages and as I was leaving there was some karaoke. We missed it because we went into one of the hotel rooms with two close friends of ours from Uru, ate pizza, shared stories, and got a little buzzed on wine. flower
Back to top Go down
Kit Fox
Guide
Guide
Kit Fox

PostSubject: Re: Mysterium 2008 -- Any News?   Mysterium 2008 -- Any News? Sm-compass50Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:34 am

Sounds like fun. Smile You know, it reallly is too bad there's no such thing as Linking Books and the Art.. but still, I'd love to get my hands on a prop Linking Book of Myst Island. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Myss Terrie
Admin
Admin
Myss Terrie

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Mysterium 2008 -- Any News?   Mysterium 2008 -- Any News? Sm-compass50Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:06 pm

Well, folks, I am sorry I had to miss the convention, but in the end it may have been for the best since right now I am not up to the long drive up and back to Boston.

Kit Fox, however, reminds me that we have bevin mates who live within an easy drive of one another. Kit and I both live in Maryland. There are bevin members nearby in Virginia, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Delaware. (And no I am not inviting everyone to my house because it is a mess and I lack the joyful enthusiasm of kicking cones out of my living room to make space even for my best beloveds.

Caver1 proposed that we have a bevin convention somewhere along the mid-Atlantic. Of course, not everyone is likely to head this way. Still no reason why little dedicated pockets of the bevin can not have a summer picnic, a holiday party or just hangout IRL with an open out-stretched hand of friendship. Don't be scared to do IRL what we did in MOUL -- except cliff diving. Not recommended. Something about the Relto book not being effective on the surface. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.webmousepublications.com
Kit Fox
Guide
Guide
Kit Fox

PostSubject: Re: Mysterium 2008 -- Any News?   Mysterium 2008 -- Any News? Sm-compass50Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:43 pm

That'd be fun, I'd definitely try and come to it as long as it's in reasonable distance that I can get there based on public transportation.. I don't own a car... too expensive to with this economy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mysterium 2008 -- Any News?   Mysterium 2008 -- Any News? Sm-compass50

Back to top Go down

Mysterium 2008 -- Any News?
Page 1 of 1