Myss Terrie's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Myss Terrie's Forum

Myss Terrie's forum is the online haven for members of the MOUL bevin, where we chat about life, the universe -- and everything.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Moul Vs URU CC /POTS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Azaia
Azaia

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Moul Vs URU CC /POTS Empty
PostSubject: Moul Vs URU CC /POTS   Moul Vs URU CC /POTS Sm-compass50Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:38 pm

Myss_Terrie

Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:22 pm Post subject: MOUL vs URU:CC / POTS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I started MOUL I had not played any Myst game for years, so in some ways it was all new. And of course, there were changes made specifically for a live online world. Now that I am back in the solo game again, I am noticing all the things -- great and small -- that are different, things I like and things I like -- less.

For instance, in searching for the GZMs it is much easier to click the blinking circle on the ki (MOUL) than to click on the marker itself (URU:CC). In several cases I know the marker is there, but just can't see it, which is really maddening. I do not recall ever getting the maintainer suit or the helmet in URU:CC the first time I played. In MOUL the suit was not available and the helmet was there for those who joined in December 2006.

What's your experience?

Those who do not learn the lessons of history
should avoid time travel.

David Griffin

Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:21 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I played MOUL before CC, so I spent a while trying to find all of the Shell Cloths in Er'cana and Ahnonay thinking that I had to collect them all to complete the Journey in those areas.

I also got a bit confused when I noticed the Shell symbols are facing the other direction as they do in MOUL. (I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.)

"All we have to do is believe and we can do anything."

Myss_Terrie

Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:44 pm Post subject:

When I first played Ercana and Ahnonay and was looking for shell cloths, I, too, thought I had to "collect them all." but in the cloths in POTS really are bookmarks necessary to mark progress and to return to a specific location.

Another change in Ahnonay: it is not that difficult to get to the backroom, but you must not attempt to get the clock relto page until AFTER you are done with any need to get to the lower cave in Ercana. I tried repeatedly to get back to the control room because I had cycled on to get to the page and just could not get back.

The prime ages remain much the same as is the quest for each. POTS is about making the right connections to link into unattainable ages like Kveer and Myst Island. While there is no specific order to play, if you have the codes you can quickly get to the endgame bypassing the middle.

It is also very lonely to be in the city and hoods alone. I miss the people.

Azaia

Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:35 pm Post subject:

Like others I'm back to playing URU CC like Myss T. some things I like better and some things I like less.

In CC the cavern actually appears lighter than in MOUL. However in CC you can't find those stagnant spaces that allowed you to walk/run on air and levitate like in MOUL. The tree definetly takes longer to grow in CC and you can't climb the Relto mountain.

Myss T wrote
Quote:
but you must not attempt to get the clock relto page until AFTER you are done with any need to get to the lower cave in Ercana. I tried repeatedly to get back to the control room because I had cycled on to get to the page and just could not get back.

Actually you can but the linking cycle is super long. You need to get back inside the tower and turn the wheel - somehow that resets the whole control room cycles.

Tomala

Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:05 am Post subject:

Myss Terrie wrote:
And of course, there were changes made specifically for a live online world

Or to be more precise, Online content made into offline content then put back into online content.

ms. isis

Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:26 pm Post subject:

Elpis is slowly playing CC ... making it last as long as possible. It's great to be back in the cavern and within the Ages, but it is lonely. Conversations with Eddie tend to get one-sided. And the city is awfully quiet without the Bahro calling all the time.

I'm keeping Elpis busy with her own journals and exploring the new Age M'nine for the first time.

During a teleconference last night, I finally organized my Myst/Uru notes. And figured out that I need a bigger binder. LOL

Hubby also ordered me in three more games that will keep me busy... when I'm not in CC, that is.
KI#06167776
elpis (Friends of the Fissure)
KI#09853290
Former visitor:
Myst Isis

I want people to laugh and cry, not just sit and stare at the TV.
Michael Landon

Myss_Terrie

Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:42 pm Post subject:

I have played through CC twice now, but not all areas or in the usual order. My mission is mostly to collect images to include in books for La Casa's web library. I am amazed at how closely CC and MOUL run together, and the differences are just as surprising.

There was evidently a lot more material that could have been released in MOUL, such as the Watcher's Sanctuary clock and all the gizmos that followed, but MOUL reached the same end through different links. One of my favorite views is to step onto the bridge beyond Watcher's and seeing the vast emptiness within the ring of lights. During one crowded Yeesha-call at Watcher's I got "shoved" into the wall and found that by looking to my right I saw that same yellowish expanse. I was half in Watchers and half in nowhere. At least now I can see that nowhere was really somewhere -- if that makes any sense.

Next CC experiment -- see to what extent one can do things in the wrong order. Can I reach the end before I have finished the beginning? Stay tuned.

ms. isis

Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:53 am Post subject:

When the Ages are in night cycle, I can't play at all because I can't see at all. Even though when the cloths are in the shadows, I'm just clicking on them because I know they are there ... not because they can actually be seen. I'm still dealing with the same old outdated dark monitor.

But in the day cycles, I see a whole lot more than I did on MOUL.

When I get a new monitor I'll play Myst again and probably see all kinds of new stuff! LOL
KI#06167776
elpis (Friends of the Fissure)
KI#09853290
Former visitor:
Myst Isis

I want people to laugh and cry, not just sit and stare at the TV.
Michael Landon

Tomala

Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:10 am Post subject:

There's so many things that could have been opened or fixed for accessibility. Behind the curtains of the watchers pub (which was actually first supposed to be the great tree pub back in the first plans for the first Live) there are chairs, like a sitting circle.

There is so much that people should have seen.

Gandhar

Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:40 am Post subject:

I realize there are differences in the game play of URU Stand-Alone and URU Live...As there should be...

I played URU Stand-Alone...I.E. Complete Chronicles...for a long time before I even opted into Live (First go around and Game Tap version).

I decided to delve into the Game Tap Live Version only because they 'promised' more availability for the user to input into the game.

I waited...and waited....and then I was hooked, just because I was with the same genre of people that were there for the same reason(s).

I'm still playing the Stand-Alone version of the game since Live went 'dead' again, although I have opted to play it with the fly-mode patch installed....

What different worlds you can see.

I know there are differences in the video performances of Stand-Alone and Live, but you have to check out Stand-Alone in fly-mode.

I'm posting a couple pictures from Gahreesen just as a preview.

Moul Vs URU CC /POTS AV1HMN9i

Moul Vs URU CC /POTS AV1HMX7S
Back to top Go down
Azaia
Azaia

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Moul Vs URU CC /POTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moul Vs URU CC /POTS   Moul Vs URU CC /POTS Sm-compass50Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:39 pm

Tomala

Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:04 am Post subject:

You'll find lots of unfinished things in the city, and if you flymode behind the curtains in the watchers pub. I'd post more, but don't know if you guys would like to find the rest of the stuff in the ages yourselves, or wouldn't mind spoilers.

Azaia

Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:24 pm Post subject:

Been looking for the flymode link so I could download it without success. Any idea where I can down load it?

Charura

Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:55 pm Post subject:

Here is the link(s) for the fly-mode and instructions.

http://wiki.cobbs.ca/index.php/Fly_Mode

Azaia

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:15 am Post subject:

Appreciate the link but it doesn't work for me, the download page won't load.

I'm editing my own post got a reply for someone at ubi forum and the Guild of Maintainers is hosting a server with the patch here's the link
http://www.guildofmaintainers.org/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=4621&sid=6d8f7aa9e8d8f28728309f92445e3d7a#p4621

For anybody else that wants to use it.

Inanna

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:28 am Post subject:

Being not the geekiest one of the group, what exactly does "flymode" do ? Are there risks in the installation that will totally annoy my uber-geek husband when he finds out that I downloaded and installed it ?

OTOH, I love to see new views and play new ways.

To let understanding stop at what can not be understood is a high attainment.
Those who can not do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven.
Back to top Go down

Moul Vs URU CC /POTS
Page 1 of 1