Myss Terrie's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Myss Terrie's Forum

Myss Terrie's forum is the online haven for members of the MOUL bevin, where we chat about life, the universe -- and everything.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time

Go down 
+5
SeanMc74
ms. isis
Atheni33
Charura
Inanna
9 posters

What should the bevin be called?
Keep the name as Myss Terrie's Bevin.
Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time Arro-lft89%Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time Arro-rgt
 89% [ 8 ]
Change the name to Gandhar's Bevin.
Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time Arro-lft11%Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time Arro-rgt
 11% [ 1 ]
Change the name to something else -- suggestions needed.
Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time Arro-lft0%Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time Arro-rgt
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Inanna
Admin
Admin
Inanna

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time Empty
PostSubject: Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time   Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time Sm-compass50Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:45 pm

I have been considering how we should re-enter MOUL. As Myss Terrie's bevin we made quite a splash and are known to all for our mission to help others. We have a history and a forum under that name. As the founder I am strangely indifferent to my intimate participation in founding the new bevin. The bevin has grown so much beyond me that I do not feel that it has to be founded by me nor connected to one of my avatars.

One suggestion has been to name a bevin for Gandhar. Rather than have his friends within Myss Terrie's torn between bevins, I am thinking we should create Gandhar's Bevin in place of Myss Terrie's. Our mission will remain the same, but Gandhar himself will not be there. I will not be the bevin "grande dame" and bevin policy will be made by the council who can be voted into place rather than appointed by me.

In other words, I am happy to step back and let the bevin run the bevin in memory of our dear lost friend who will present in memory only.

I await your thoughts on this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.webmousepublications.com
Charura
Guide
Guide

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time   Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time Sm-compass50Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:13 pm

Although, it is a generous offer, I don't think my Dad would want any changes made to the Bevin name, especially when he can't be there to gloat...lol.....I vote for Myss Terries.
Back to top Go down
Atheni33
Guide
Guide
Atheni33

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time   Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time Sm-compass50Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:42 pm

Charura - when we get the open source codes we will be able to make changes to the bevin. I was thinking a memorial installed in the bevin would be a wonderful way of remembering Gandhar if that is ok with you. If so when the bevin finally regroups we can revive the Rubricators and design something for him. I didn't know him that well but I think we would all agree that Gandhar should be remembered..I know he loved this world this community so much.
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time   Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time Sm-compass50Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:54 pm

I was open to changing the name, but after Charura's post, I now think it should stay as is, in honor of Gandhar, in a way.

(This was brought up because people in SL were wondering about a bevin named for him and Inanna had already been thinking about it.)
Back to top Go down
Charura
Guide
Guide

PostSubject: Re: Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time   Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time Sm-compass50Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:27 pm

I'm okay with the extra areas that you all have made...Please, don't get me wrong...I am MORE THAN TOUCHED (I cry every time) But my Dad belonged to Myss Terries and I think that is how he would wish it to stay....

ROFL....can I vote for him as well?
Back to top Go down
SeanMc74
SeanMc74

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time   Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time Sm-compass50Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:42 pm

I agree I think we should keep the name Myss Terrie's Bevin, it's who we are. We can honor Gandhar's memory with some kind of memorial in the hood whenever we can modify.

I can't wait to walk in the cavern again.
Back to top Go down
Inanna
Admin
Admin
Inanna

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time   Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time Sm-compass50Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:25 am

So far I have been unable to log into the system to create myself much less a bevin. We will find ways to keep Gandhar's memory within the bevin, but Charura's point is well stated. When -- if ever -- I can get to the point where avatar creation is possible I will create Inanna and Myss Terrie.

The suspense of when is driving me crazy, so thank goodness I have SL to keep me busy. Just walking my pet panther Yeesha is relaxing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.webmousepublications.com
Dimitrios
Guide
Guide
Dimitrios

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time   Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time Sm-compass50Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:59 am

I vote for Myss Terries .
Charura you are an angel!
Back to top Go down
Guide
Guide

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time   Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time Sm-compass50Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:06 pm

I vote to keep the same name too. It's how it is known. We can still honor Gandhar quite well too cheers
Back to top Go down
Azaia
Azaia

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time   Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time Sm-compass50Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:27 pm

I'm for keeping Myss Terrie's esp. in view of Charura 's post. That being said a memorial to Gandhar should be in the bevin. Hope to see you all there soon flower .
Back to top Go down
R'ubi Mai
Guide
Guide

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time   Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time Sm-compass50Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:41 am

Shorah, all! I was in cavern for a few minutes this morning and disappointed not to find Myss Terrie's listed in the Nexus. There was a LOT of lag, and I do have to go to work, (real life can be SO intrusive...), but I'm looking forward to meeting up soon around and IN the fountain.

Does it matter who creates the Bevin? Can any of us do it? How about the next one of us who can get to the Nexus just set it up.... then we'll all have a rendezvous location. I don't really know how that works... See you all soon!
Back to top Go down
SeanMc74
SeanMc74

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time   Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time Sm-compass50Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:16 pm

They added Gandhar to the memorial in the City.

Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time KIimage0005corrected
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time   Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time Sm-compass50Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:19 pm

WhooHoo!

Wow, they made it different than I thought they would. Kind of neat looking.
Back to top Go down
Charura
Guide
Guide

PostSubject: Re: Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time   Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time Sm-compass50Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:57 pm

Oh my ... TY SeanMc74 ... I can't get on again...but I'll check that out as soon as I can..(XXX/OOO)
Back to top Go down
Atheni33
Guide
Guide
Atheni33

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time   Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time Sm-compass50Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:40 pm

Cyan isn't perfect but this memorial is proof that they really do care. The memorial is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time   Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time Sm-compass50

Back to top Go down

Recreating the Bevin -- Decision Time
Page 1 of 1