Myss Terrie's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Myss Terrie's Forum

Myss Terrie's forum is the online haven for members of the MOUL bevin, where we chat about life, the universe -- and everything.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Episode Deception... TGhoughts, Theories and Predictions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Azaia
Azaia

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Episode Deception... TGhoughts, Theories and Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Episode Deception... TGhoughts, Theories and Predictions   Episode Deception... TGhoughts, Theories and Predictions Sm-compass50Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:05 pm

atheni33

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:53 pm Post subject: Episode Deception..Thoughts, Theories and Predictions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't been in the cavern much and a lot has happened. I am still a little confused on what the great "Deception" was really..some say it was the forming of the guilds and others say it's the illusion the Bahro is creating to keeping us safe. Maybe both. hmm I was thinking if the Bahro are creating an illusion that can fool the Bahronoir... how do we know if the DRC is nothing but a illusion created to fool the explorers. Also, I missed the meeting at Blabbity Bevin and from what I read we may have to find a new home...is this new home an age that the Guild of Writers will be creating? Anyone?

DedHed

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:52 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish I could comment, but to tell you the truth... I haven't really been following the story this time around as much as I used to.

I also hate to see anyone have 0 replies to a post.

Samj

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:22 pm Post subject:

For the first time I was able to actually be around when the characters were. The rest I have read the logs. This is my OPINION on what transpired with the Deception episode.

I think this is the in cavern way of Cyan telling us the future of URU is in the communitys hands. They are underfunded, understaffed and in no way can they provide the community what they are asking for, (ie. a big new puzzle age every month with a thrilling storyline) I believe that we are being told to put aside differences and complaints and "find a way and make a home" working together.

The guilds I am looking at as a way to organize the skill set of the cavern to make our own home and write, create, test and enjoy player created ages. I have also seen indications that people are already working on age creating tools. The only question for me is, can this community work together and set aside differences and pride to make it happen. Or will pride and discontent bring distruction as with the D'ni. Look at the MOUL forms the posters there are flamming the flamers and complaints about the complaining abounds.

See Dr. Watsons Speech
http://www.uruobsession.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=56&t=31650&s=026ff3a21bb5a043ad5a5ce31021e9c3

Destruction is coming. Find a way. Make a Home

Thoughts comments?

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Myss_Terrie

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:00 pm Post subject:

I believe samj has given a good description to what is happening. As yet, I do not know if the Guild of Writers will actually handle the technical aspects of age creation or are just being tapped for ideas. The Maintainers may be a form of beta testing and the Cartographers to add whatever mapping details are necessary, including possibly the clue books such as the one that should lead us through Minkata (never did figure that one out ) The Messengers will be taking care of communications, including the Relayers and the ICRS (Internal-Cavern Relay System). The Greeters will do what they have always done.

So like it or don't the Guilds are here and they are the DRC/CYAN's way of asking us all to pitch in and help. We have always been a bevin of helpers. In considering samj's words, I think it is right that we should help in this endeavor as well. Please register for the guild of your choice and give them whatever time and inspiration that you have.

I only ask that you do not lose sight of Yeesha's warning about pride. I have been prideful about our bevin and it has been costly, not just to me, but to the bevin as a whole. Humbled by recent events, I am trying to reconnect to my original purpose in URU. Actions speak louder than words, and it is by our actions that we should be judged.

Those who do not learn the lessons of history
should avoid time travel.

ms. isis

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:11 am Post subject:

Honestly, this episode didn't do it for me. I really wanted more. Although the hawks are just way too cool.

I also have been looking forward to seeing more of the city ... not having things follow the same plotline as in history and have us give up on the full restoration. At least that's what's hinted at happening.

But I hold out hope that the explorers learn to get along and cooperate in our efforts. And that if we find out that we must move on, that it is someplace just as great.

We've been looking for a deception in the direct sense of the word, but now I'm beginning to believe the deception is referring to things not being as they seem in a deeper sense. Maybe philosophical ... maybe not that deep, but not someone deceiving us explorers or the factions of DRC as I first believed.
KI#06167776
elpis (Friends of the Fissure)
KI#09853290
Former visitor:
Myst Isis

I want people to laugh and cry, not just sit and stare at the TV.
Michael Landon

Advertising

Posted: Post subject:

Azaia

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:39 am Post subject:

I'm not sure what this episode is/was really about. since I missed all the visits from the DRC and others I don't have a clue as to what the deception is. Scouring the numerous forums to discern what is or has happened is almost becoming to much of a chore for me.

Samj is probably on the right track regarding the Guilds and the community working together, but I fear that many who have no skill set (technical, imaginative etc) such as myself will become disillusioned with the cavern and will drift away from URU. The times that I have been in it appears this is what is happening, when you neighborhood hop most are empty and since the guild pubs are restricted to owning a shirt in order to enter one never knows what may be occurring.

Sir'iana and I were just speaking this evening how we miss the crowds and yes even the mindless chatter that would greet you almost anywhere in the cavern. I suppose only time will tell.

Samj

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:36 am Post subject:

Azaia I share your concern and I to have been thinking how I could fit into a guild, don't know computer code can't really draw or know how to use those types of programs etc...

I came across this on the MOUL forms

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12583

If this comes about maybe it will help those who don't know what they can do to help, find a place.

I too miss the mindless chatter and general sillyness, we used to could lol for hours over nothing really and meet new people every time I was on, now the cavern seems dead between episodes.

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

DedHed

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:51 am Post subject:

I went to the Guild of Maintainers meeting last night. MustardJeep, Friskey Badger, and a couple of other organizers presented a pretty good batch of initial ideas to get the Guild going, and even have some rough ideas for events to get the entire community involved in various projects. Very few of their ideas actually required any sort of computer or drawing skills. I tell you, if the other 4 Guilds have as many good ideas as these guys, there will be plenty to do for anyone who wants to get involved, regardless of technical expertise.

All of the Guilds have a forum section on the URU Assembly Of Guilds website. The Maintainers, and I assume the others, will use this forum as their central communication hub. This is probably the best place to look for more info, contact names, etc.

Azaia

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:55 pm Post subject:

Thanks for the links, some I had seen and others I hadn't been to in a while. Guess I'll have to wait a see which way the wind blows with this

Episode Deception... TGhoughts, Theories and Predictions
Page 1 of 1