Myss Terrie's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Myss Terrie's Forum

Myss Terrie's forum is the online haven for members of the MOUL bevin, where we chat about life, the universe -- and everything.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This is for Dedhead

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Azaia
Azaia

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-22

This is for Dedhead Empty
PostSubject: This is for Dedhead   This is for Dedhead Sm-compass50Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:13 pm

Gandhar

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:46 am Post subject: This is for DedHed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do we need to make a new post or just reply to one that is already active?

DedHed

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:20 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A very strange question. You can - and always have been able - to do one or the other.

Maybe if you provide more details about why you're asking?

Azaia

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:36 pm Post subject:

I may be wrong but I do believe it's in response to the post stating that in order for the forum to remain active a posting had to be made evey 30 days, uhm I believe it stated a new topic.

Gandhar

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:09 pm Post subject:

Thank you Az....I thought it was self-explanatory...my bad

I couldn't find the original post....but there was another one mentioning about posting to keep the Forum active...

I'm sorry, haven't been active for awhile......I leave that to my daughter,
Charura (Chris)

Advertising

Posted: Post subject:

DedHed

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:33 pm Post subject:

Oh! No, you can make either a new post, or respond to an exisiting one. Either counts as a "new" post, and will reset that 30-day timer.

Gandhar

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:52 pm Post subject:

Someone also shared this with me.....

Quote:
As far as forums being deleted after 30 days of inactivity, a further explanation:

There is an administer set parameter for the php bulletin boards called auto pruning. The admin for the site determines the length of inactivity (the default is 10 days) before a thread or folder (forum) is deleted. Auto pruning has been disabled for this site. Our archives will remain our archives.

DedHed

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:21 pm Post subject:

Yes, that is true. There is no autopruning enabled on these forums. I suppose the posts will remain indefinitely... or until the createforum.net folks decide they're taking up too much space.

But just to be clear, when I mentioned the 30-day timer, I wasn't just talking about a single forum on our site, like "The Community Room," or "Personals Page" or "News Archive." I was talking about the whole site! If it doesn't have a single post in any one of its forums for 30-days, the entire board will cease to exist. Createforum.net will automatically erase it, because they assume no one is using it. All forums on it will be gone and irretrivable.

The forum admins mention that in the following post:

http://support.createforum.net/support-about541.html

Gandhar

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:42 am Post subject:

Okay...I'll quit now...you have done such a great job here and I was just throwing something out that maybe you 'did not see'....lol

I should know better!!!!
Back to top Go down

This is for Dedhead
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Myss Terrie's Forum :: Archival Vault :: Forum Archives-
Jump to: