Myss Terrie's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Myss Terrie's Forum

Myss Terrie's forum is the online haven for members of the MOUL bevin, where we chat about life, the universe -- and everything.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We're LIVE AGAIN!!!

Go down 
+11
Altercor
Charura
R'ubi Mai
Dimitrios
Azaia
Atheni33
Inanna
ms. isis
SeanMc74
Rose
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-06-16

We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:16 pm

thanks for the tip - Dimi also gave it to me on FB a bit ago.

Chogon has made this announcement:
Ok. So we thought this would start a little slower at the beginning and we could start with smaller servers. But obviously there is more "love" there than we had anticipated.

So, after kicking the completely locked up (frontend) server, I am going to disable logins for a little while to let the diodes cool off and until we can add more power to the servers (like adding more lithium crystals?). So, you should still be able to create accounts and download the game but logins will be denied.

Sorry for the inconvenience and hopefully we can get you back in the cavern, asap!

Thanks,
Chogon

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19258

I'll give it time to process and return again at a quieter time - maybe late again. Camped out on floor in front of pc watching it last night. Better get the marshmellows out to do it again tonight.

In the meantime, we can overload the sim at SL again. LOL
Back to top Go down
Dimitrios
Guide
Guide
Dimitrios

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:18 pm

haha you were faster than me. BTW i was in for a couple of hours and everything are in place waiting for us.(except our avatars , proccess , bevins etc.) but we will be back !! and... hehe... He will be back soon...hehe The Great King lives hahahaha
Back to top Go down
SeanMc74
SeanMc74

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:28 pm

Wow everyone is coming out of the wood work. The word has spread URU is back.

I finished downloading the client last night and was able to complete the account creation. Hopefully will be in sometime tonight or tomorrow.

It will be nice to spend tomorrows snow day exploring the cavern again.
Back to top Go down
Charura
Guide
Guide

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:19 pm

My snow day was today...Boo, Hiss...It stopped here already...only 6' inches in South Dayton, Ohio...I guess I'll have to wait until Friday night or Saturday....
Back to top Go down
SeanMc74
SeanMc74

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:48 pm

I live on the eastern end of the 14" to 20" area just outside Philadelphia. The cavern better be open soon.

We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Snowstorm+No+3+-+Snow+Predictions+Tues+4pm
Back to top Go down
Rose
Guide
Guide

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-07-05

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:55 pm

Snowmageddon and Urumageddon Smile
Back to top Go down
SeanMc74
SeanMc74

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:11 pm

I was so close. I created my character. Got the screen to create his look and bam got kicked out. Now I can't get back in and it seems a lot of others can't either. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
SeanMc74
SeanMc74

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:53 pm

Scratch that. I'm in the city talking to Rand Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

My new KI is 49959.
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:30 am

And then the servers went down again. LOL

RAWA posted that it will have to wait until morning. Chogon's probably going to give it another kick.

But great that some people got in to see everyone and Rand.
Back to top Go down
SeanMc74
SeanMc74

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:49 am

Pics from last night

We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 KIimage0002corrected

We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 KIimage0003corrected

We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 KIimage0004corrected
Back to top Go down
Inanna
Admin
Admin
Inanna

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:50 pm

Can anyone explain to me (in terms a 19th century historian would understand) what is SUPPOSED to happen? I don't know where I am in the process and have neither clue nor cue as to what I should see.

Steps taken so far:
Clicked play and inserted email address -- check
Received email reply and inserted password -- check
Downloaded urulauncher.exe and installed it -- hmmm, not sure about this one

In fact I have downloaded and reloaded the .exe file several times. Each time I reach a stage where it stalls saying Abort-Retry-Ignore. Abort shuts it all down. Retry returns me to the A-R-I screen and Ignore allows the installation to proceed minus whatever script that was that brought up the A-R-I screen. With Ignore I get a window that says "completed" and occasionally flashed "Welcome to URU" but does nothing else. I have on occasion gotten the window to freeze with a green bar partially filled in, but then the details say "can't write."

So my beloved uber-geeks, does any of this make sense? Is this a problem at my end or are we still on downed servers?
Back to top Go down
http://www.webmousepublications.com
Inanna
Admin
Admin
Inanna

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:12 pm

Word just came from RAWA in Second Life that MOUL has had 3000 people trying to log on. So they really are overwhelmed. Funny they didn't seem to realize that many people out here still wanted desperately to get back into the cavern. I wonder what took them so long to move to an open source sim.

And in the SL version of the city there is dancing in the streets, but everyone wants to take to MOUL what they have in SL -- pretty avvies with wardrobes of clothes, our favorite kitties, not to mention hovercraft and hot tubs. I have only been in SL for a month and already I am totally spoiled on my creature comforts and comfort creatures - small kitty Imzadi, very big kitty Yeesha both with built-in GPS which would come in very handy in Minkata.

So we wait as MOUL sorts out those who need to download the software from those who have the software and just want to get in.
Back to top Go down
Azaia
Azaia

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:36 pm

Got one minute to wait before downloading the URU Client on one of the mirror sites Cyan listed. Hopefully it won't be long.

Hope you got plenty of food and stuff Sean, from what they are forecasting you guys are in for another batch of snow. At least you'll be able to go underground soon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Charura
Guide
Guide

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:50 pm

Well,, I , for one , think that 3000 number is based on the number of e-mail requests...not the amount of actual sign-ups.. I may be wrong... I did finally.. due to the three snow days from school... finally get everything downloaded and avvie made///Charura KI #00055400..I'm blessed and sure that Dad was punching the buttons to make sure I got an easy one to remember...TY all for making this possible for me..
Back to top Go down
Rose
Guide
Guide

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-07-05

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:50 pm

I was able to get in for a few minutes - got to Relto, then to Gahresheen (sp?) and got my KI (I forgot to note the KI number, doh), then I crashed. Brings back good memories seeing the old place again.
Back to top Go down
Charura
Guide
Guide

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:30 am

Just found Dad's cell phone and retrieved these strangly familiar photos..these were taken during the re-model of our basement... Not strange he saw this.....I'm learning more every day

We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 N8O0S

We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 N9esr
Back to top Go down
Atheni33
Guide
Guide
Atheni33

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:37 am

Still can't get past "checking for patcher update". Is there another way this is ridiculous.!? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Dimitrios
Guide
Guide
Dimitrios

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:45 am

PRESS alt del ctl and end the uruexplorer exe. then restart and if you cant see any change in few seconds then again stop it as told and again and again finally you will link in
Back to top Go down
Atheni33
Guide
Guide
Atheni33

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:47 am

I restarted and now I'm getting 'initializing patcher' I guess that is some progress... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SeanMc74
SeanMc74

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:57 am

Atheni33 wrote:
I restarted and now I'm getting 'initializing patcher' I guess that is some progress... Rolling Eyes

Atheni33 keep closing the URUlauncher.exe and retry, make sure to end the task in task manager. They're only allowing so many people in. It might take several retries before you get in. I would recommend anyone who hasn't finished downloading the game to go get it from the mirror site listed on Mystonline.com

I'm in now running around filling up my bookshelf with Ages. It's good to be home.
Back to top Go down
Atheni33
Guide
Guide
Atheni33

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:46 pm

How many people are on at one time? Looking at SeanMc74 screen shot while Rand was there (soooo jealous by the way) doesn't appear to be that many able to get on? We used to have 100+ in the city at one time. These servers seem really inadequate.
Back to top Go down
SeanMc74
SeanMc74

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:05 pm

The city has a limit of 50 people. They're using Amazon's cloud computing services. It will allow them to expand the servers easily as funds become available.

Looking in the Nexus I'm starting to see a lot of familiar hoods listed. UO is back, the greeters. We need Myss Terries to be back on the list. DRC(11) is not cutting it.
Back to top Go down
Altercor
Guide
Guide

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:23 pm

I'd like to report that the Unbound Hearts' Bevin has been resuscitated, although the KI system has a few kinks; it won't allow me to rename it from "Kaelri's Bevin." Nonetheless, members of Myss Terrie's Bevin are of course always welcome.
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:26 pm

I'm still trying to get in. Chances are it may be the weekend yet.

With such a limit in city, I'm glad I'm in SL. Can go there when it's busy. Might put a crimp on the parties though.
Back to top Go down
Inanna
Admin
Admin
Inanna

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:03 pm

Well, I seemed to be getting somewhere with
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19371

I managed to download everything, but after 40 mns of green bar creeping to the right, I am back at the familiar and annoying Initializing Patcher window. I have made sure that all other windows are closed, but still can't get past the ever-helpful non-functioning window.

sigh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50

Back to top Go down

We're LIVE AGAIN!!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next