Myss Terrie's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Myss Terrie's Forum

Myss Terrie's forum is the online haven for members of the MOUL bevin, where we chat about life, the universe -- and everything.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Moving Is Such A B*tch

Go down 
+2
Gandhar
Myss Terrie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Myss Terrie
Admin
Admin
Myss Terrie

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Moving Is Such A B*tch Empty
PostSubject: Moving Is Such A B*tch   Moving Is Such A B*tch Sm-compass50Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:35 pm

I realize that my fondest dream is moving everything from the old forum to this new forum, but it is going to take a lot of work. I will be going through many of the old posts, especially those pertaining to guiding others through age puzzles. To the best of my ability I will be taking the guide information and placing it within books in La Casa's website library. This will give the same information without having to move entire threads with all the related buttons, etc. And I will make it a lot more artsy than the typical online walk-thru.

So we are left with a couple of options for all the other archival materials. One is to maintain the original forum as an archive, but this means that someone has to check in there often enough that the site does not self-dissolve after 30 days. Another is to have each member move a category, forum, sub-forum or thread to this site until there is nothing left on the old site and it disappears from inactivity. A third option is to form a committee to go through the archives and weed out what should be kept vs what can be left behind.

You folks tell me what you want to do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.webmousepublications.com
Gandhar
Guide
Guide
Gandhar

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Moving Is Such A B*tch   Moving Is Such A B*tch Sm-compass50Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:10 pm

I'm more than willing to help maintain the old forum...I.E. starting a new post that is called "OLD" and posting to it every few days until the pertinent content that needs to be moved has been completed....I check the site every morning before work...I can add a short reply to that post to keep the forum open until all other content has been moved.

So, if you are moving content, leave the one classified in-topic as "OLD".
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Moving Is Such A B*tch   Moving Is Such A B*tch Sm-compass50Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:58 pm

Let's do that for awhile. We are going to move things over a few posts at a time when possible. Eventually, it'll be done without us realizing it if we don't worry about it.

The important thing is getting the active threads over here and getting the other members to register.
Back to top Go down
SeanMc74
SeanMc74

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Moving Is Such A B*tch   Moving Is Such A B*tch Sm-compass50Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:28 pm

I can help with copying things over to the new forum. Just let me know what you need me to do.

I think it might be a good idea to send out emails to all the hoodies letting them know about the new forums and the good news about the re-re-birth of URU.
Back to top Go down
Tomala
Guide
Guide
Tomala

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Moving Is Such A B*tch   Moving Is Such A B*tch Sm-compass50Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:50 am

There's no way to copy over the old database from the old forum to this one is there? Or will free forums not allow that option?
Back to top Go down
SeanMc74
SeanMc74

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Moving Is Such A B*tch   Moving Is Such A B*tch Sm-compass50Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:52 pm

The only way to copy threads from one forum to the other is to copy and paste. It a manual process that will take awhile.
Back to top Go down
Azaia
Azaia

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Moving Is Such A B*tch   Moving Is Such A B*tch Sm-compass50Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:19 am

Starting working on Community Events, my questions is do you want every post to be moved and if so should it be in a specific order?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moving Is Such A B*tch   Moving Is Such A B*tch Sm-compass50

Back to top Go down

Moving Is Such A B*tch
Page 1 of 1