Myss Terrie's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Myss Terrie's Forum

Myss Terrie's forum is the online haven for members of the MOUL bevin, where we chat about life, the universe -- and everything.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your Input Needed for "Find It Images" For La Casa Library

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Myss Terrie
Admin
Admin
Myss Terrie

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Your Input Needed for "Find It Images" For La Casa Library Empty
PostSubject: Your Input Needed for "Find It Images" For La Casa Library   Your Input Needed for "Find It Images" For La Casa Library Sm-compass50Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:13 pm

I have been playing one of those "find the object" games and while it isn't URU, it is a pleasant distraction. I can not make anything quite as elaborate I think that as a group we can come up with some equally interesting puzzle pages.

I am working with flat graphics and HTML. You folks may have a better way to do this but what I am considering is taking an image from URU then layering in other objects or elements that don't belong there. I use an image mapper program to make linked hot spots in the image. As the player clicks on each article it activates a link. What each link does -- well, I haven't figured that out yet. Perhaps our ubergeeks can think up a program that generates a random list of ten objects and then activates another option when all the objects have been found.

For the first attempt we might just have fun finding the hidden objects, based on a list that pops up with the page. If we can create a program that activates when all ten are found then the player's last click will take her to one of the locked rooms in La Casa for further exploration, rather than forcing them always to use the dream link method.

As for placement I was thinking that a collection of several such puzzle pages could be in a library book. Perhaps some pages make for magic links while others are just for fun. One page could contain a link to Isis' world of M'nine, although at present the main link will be the M'nine book in her office -- which is another design matter.

I will have some time coming up when I can update La Casa and am looking forward to expanding the adventure/

Last edited by Myss Terrie on Fri May 08, 2009 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.webmousepublications.com
Myss Terrie
Admin
Admin
Myss Terrie

PostSubject: Re: Your Input Needed for "Find It Images" For La Casa Library   Your Input Needed for "Find It Images" For La Casa Library Sm-compass50Mon May 04, 2009 1:34 pm

So I have been tinkering with images. These are not true object-finds since nothing is really hidden. Mostly it is a matter of identifying those things that are wrong in each image. I have one of Ahnonay, two from Eder Kemo, one from Bevin and one of the Kahlo Tavern.

The one I REALLY want is a picture of the Bevin courtyard after one of our particularly good parties. I am certain we have the artists who can clutter up the scene appropriately, but if no help is forthcoming I shall do it myself. Just be warned that the avatar passed out in the fountain COULD BE YOURS. Twisted Evil

Here's an example of what I have been doing. The Bahro have been at it again and there are 20+ items that are not native to the original image.

Your Input Needed for "Find It Images" For La Casa Library Find-it-watergarden
Back to top Go down
Myss Terrie
Admin
Admin
Myss Terrie

PostSubject: Re: Your Input Needed for "Find It Images" For La Casa Library   Your Input Needed for "Find It Images" For La Casa Library Sm-compass50Fri May 08, 2009 5:58 pm

I am now considering "refinements" to the above images and those like them in the book in La Casa's library. Each age will get 3-5 scenic images with added objects -- D'ni, DRC, Bahro, and surface items. I will be reworking the current examples to increase the aesthetics and subtlety, but also working on greater purposes of the book on the library table.

While you can have fun finding all the discrepancies in an image I am considering some advanced story ideas and welcome your suggestions:

1) finding a particular object will hot-link you into one of the locked rooms at La Casa

2) a hot-linked object can take you into a vision from which you awake in one of the locked rooms (locked rooms have extra goodies in them if you haven't explored them yet)

3) a hot-linked object will reveal some aspect of another age, such as Isis' M'nine or KoHama's Refuge -- or any story you are working on and would like to showcase at La Casa

4) a hot-linked object reveals a prize of some sort

Common on, oh my best beloveds! I need input from you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Input Needed for "Find It Images" For La Casa Library   Your Input Needed for "Find It Images" For La Casa Library Sm-compass50

Back to top Go down

Your Input Needed for "Find It Images" For La Casa Library
Page 1 of 1