Myss Terrie's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Myss Terrie's Forum

Myss Terrie's forum is the online haven for members of the MOUL bevin, where we chat about life, the universe -- and everything.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just a wonderin'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gandhar
Guide
Guide
Gandhar

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Just a wonderin' Empty
PostSubject: Just a wonderin'   Just a wonderin' Sm-compass50Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:11 am

In all my days playing the Myst 'series' ...I.E. Myst ,Riven, Exile, URU, Revelations, EOA...I've never heard the reference to a god until I was playing Exile tonight....At the end when Saavedro is trapped....Please excuse my theatrical appearance...

Quote :
“Oh god,” he said to himself, “no. Idiot!”

A sudden wave of anguish caused his knees to buckle. It welled up inside of him until he could contain it no longer.

“Oh no, no!” he cried, growing increasingly louder. “No! No!! NO!!”

This had to be a nightmare; soon he would wake up in J’Nanin. There had been such nightmares before…but no, this was real. How could he have been so foolish? Had hope made him completely blind? He should have known better than to trust a friend of Atrus!

Footsteps approaching made him look up. Standing at the fence formed by the lattice vines was the stranger. At first it seemed that she had come to taunt him, but she only stood there and watched him.

Things were quickly spiraling out of Saavedro’s control. He was at the mercy of this stranger; it was an idea that he did not relish. However, at this point there was nothing he could do. After long years alone he had hope, and he refused to die trapped like an animal. Saavedro had no choice.

“Oh god, no,” he said looking at the stranger. “Please, don’t do this to me. Not when my family could still be alive out there.”

I'm wondering to what 'god' he may be referring to?
Back to top Go down
Sti'in

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Just a wonderin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a wonderin'   Just a wonderin' Sm-compass50Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:41 am

I know Yahvo is the god of the D'ni, but I don't know wich god he is referring to.
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Just a wonderin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a wonderin'   Just a wonderin' Sm-compass50Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:12 am

I know that Saavedro's world, Narayalan (sp?), is sustained by the lattice tree. Whether or not the lattice tree is also their god, I'm not sure. Many Saavedro fans have voiced their desire for more information about him, but I don't think they've gotten any results.

In my opinion, Saavedro wouldn't be speaking English, so his manner of speech is a work of translating what he said so the Stranger can understand it.

RAWA did state that certain things were expressed differently from actual events for the sake of the novels that Rand and Robyn wrote. (This was when he officially verified that the Cleft was in New Mexico.) Perhaps they did the same with translations for the games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just a wonderin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a wonderin'   Just a wonderin' Sm-compass50

Back to top Go down

Just a wonderin'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Myss Terrie's Forum :: Archival Vault :: Forum Archives-
Jump to: