Myss Terrie's Forum

Myss Terrie's forum is the online haven for members of the MOUL bevin, where we chat about life, the universe -- and everything.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Shroomie!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Azaia

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Shroomie!!!   Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:56 pm

ms. isis

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:04 pm Post subject: Shroomie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a hobby of shroomie watching. I've been concerned because she hasn't been around too much the last few times I went out.

I went out there today and she was close!! Almost right up to the dispenser.

Shocked me.
KI#06167776
elpis (Friends of the Fissure)
KI#09853290
Former visitor:
Myst Isis

I want people to laugh and cry, not just sit and stare at the TV.
Michael Landon

DedHed

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:18 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats cool! I'll have to go out there with you some time... not tonight though, 'cause of the party. I've never actually seen Shroomie "live," just pictures.

ms. isis

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:54 pm Post subject:

I think I spooked her from feeding at shore. She's making appearances today like her old self ... just that it seems like she's closer than usual, even after she swam out.

I was getting worried that Sharper was after again. Now I feel better.
KI#06167776
KI#09853290
Former visitor:
Myst Isis

Michael Landon

ILLUME

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:08 am Post subject:

screen cap or ki pic, please!

ms. isis

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:11 pm Post subject:

I went ahead and sent you an old pic, Illume. She's even further out today - so far out that I could barely make out her head on the horizon.

Once she's closer again I'll try to get a good shot.
KI#06167776
KI#09853290
Former visitor:
Myst Isis

Michael Landon

Charura

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:13 pm Post subject:

Can you send me a picture as well?....I've never seen a Shroomie....Thanking you in advance.

Inanna

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:35 am Post subject:

Lower the gate to allow the shroomie to come and go as she wishes, then turn off the machines in Teledahn. Once it is quiet she will come much closer.

To let understanding stop at what can not be understood is a high attainment.
Those who can not do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven.

ms. isis

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:24 am Post subject:

Some people said to go barefoot too, but I've had good results both ways. I do have the machines off after I lower the walkway on the mushroom - in case I have a reason to come in through the hut instead of the cloth. Go to Sharper's journal and read his entries on how he attracted the one he got in. The fool killing that one is probably why she this shroomie doesn't fully trust me yet.

I feed her often and eventually she comes in closer. Tonight I couldn't get any closer pics, but I was "interrupted" at a crucial time and missed getting the good one... she was really close to the dispenser again.

Thing is it seems I have to go in with 3rd person view and be prepared to switch to 1st in order for her to show that close. The time spent switching views to get a good pic could be frustrating. The dispenser is right in your line of site, so by the time you hear her, find her, and switch, she's already diving under again.

I fed her well tonight so the next time I go in, I hope to have better luck.
KI#06167776
KI#09853290
Former visitor:
Myst Isis

Michael Landon

ms. isis

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:22 pm Post subject:

She didn't come as close as she did before, but closer yet.

I sent both of you a pic - if you can see her - she ended up being in the farthest left side of the screen and I had to hurry before she dove under again.

I don't have the software loaded on this computer to show it (someday I'll ask the IT person's permission to do so ). If you do, Illume, are you able to post it? Also, I have you in three times in my list - I hope I chose the right one to send it to.

Added note on my findings ... I need to keep records of times and how she acts, but for the most part she seems more active in the full afternoon times for me. I'm GMT-6 here. It seems like the times I'm in Teledahn between 3 - 5 pm are her better times. That must be her normal feeding times. She is noted for eating the flappers along the shoreline.

I still keep my gate down, but haven't seen her in there at all. Truth is, I was slightly nervous about it when I read Sharper's journal and saw that she will take walkways out.

Also, if anyone has problems seeing her - I am willing to send an invite into my Teledahn. Only thing I ask is to keep the machinery off and not to fire the gun. She's very sensitive to noise.
KI#06167776
KI#09853290
Former visitor:
Myst Isis

Michael Landon
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Shroomie!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Myss Terrie's Forum :: Archival Vault :: Forum Archives-
Jump to: