Myss Terrie's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Myss Terrie's Forum

Myss Terrie's forum is the online haven for members of the MOUL bevin, where we chat about life, the universe -- and everything.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yeesha's Word In K'veer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Azaia
Azaia

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Yeesha's Word In K'veer Empty
PostSubject: Yeesha's Word In K'veer   Yeesha's Word In K'veer Sm-compass50Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:09 pm

ms. isis
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:36 am Post subject: Yeesha's Word in K'veer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've isolated her words and put them together here for easier reading... I'm working a bit quickly here and did a lot of copying and pasting. Hope I didn't miss anything.

I have words.
Destruction is almost upon us.
They are here. Fighting in war.
Freed from their prison, the Bahro choose their way now; good and evil stand before them.
No longer are they slaves to the tablet, no longer is their destiny locked to the wishes of others.
No longer is their freedom captive.
They are powerful and with freedom, some are dangerous.
Most of the Bahro are friends.

They stand with us, protecting us from the evil that surrounds you almost constantly.
They sacrifice for you.
They battle an(d) die for this cavern.
They battle and die for the Ages, and your comfort.

They fight for the D'ni as well. They watch over us all.
But there are those who have not chosen to side with you, with the D'ni, or with good.

They seek revenge for the evil done to them.
They seek to impart th(a)t harm on others, just as they were tortured.

Revenge is their excuse but freedom is their cause.

They are able to make the choice and they bask in such opportunity to do as they please.
They are free to choose evil and so they do.
With freedom comes choice and with choice comes evil, as well as good.

Their leader can be seen clearly.
He is missing a large patch of skin on his shoulder - taken from him in the tortuous lab of Esher.

Because of that, I will draw them away. Away from the cavern. Away from you.
I do not know how long the evil ones will seek me...
I do not know how long they will seek what I carry. It could be only days, it could be months.
Destruction is coming.
It is almost here.

I will delay it as long as I can but, in the meantime, you must find a way.
You must make a home.
Destruction will be here soon.

I will try to return and help you in the future.
If things go well, I will offer you my aid.
If things do not, you must find a way on your own.

Regardless, you must be ready.
Destruction will come... soon or later.
When it does, you must have a way.
You must make a home.

I will do all that I can in the meantime.
KI#06167776
elpis (Friends of the Fissure)
KI#09853290
Former visitor:
Myst Isis

I want people to laugh and cry, not just sit and stare at the TV.
Michael Landon

David Griffin
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:45 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So M5 actually is in the MOUL storyline...interesting.

I wonder why the Bahro would want the "thing" Yeesha's carrying...?

This is getting better and better all the time.

"All we have to do is believe and we can do anything."

ms. isis
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:30 am Post subject:

I just thought of something, now that I'm coming down from the Yeesha's-returned excitement.

The "HE" that comes. We've had a thousand guesses at who this is. But maybe her speech tells us that the HE was the leader of the bad Bahro. Because I sure don't see anyone else who qualifies, unless this episode isn't really over and they are going to slam us with it tomorrow.

Anyway, if the leader of the bad Bahro is who she and Phil have been talking about, then there's more to this Bahro than we think. He would have to be more than just a renegade leader who's out for revenge.

Okay... what did I miss? I'm missing something!
KI#06167776
KI#09853290
Former visitor:
Myst Isis

Michael Landon

Dimitrios

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:21 pm Post subject:

Well i have to admit that the "he" probaly is the bahro leader.
Ah and you are missing this:
"Their leader can be seen clearly.
He is missing a large patch of skin on his shoulder - taken from him in the tortuous lab of Esher.

I do not know how long they will seek what I carry"

ms. isis
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:41 pm Post subject:

I'm excited because to me, this means the Bahro leader is a bigger character than just the mind-crazy leader bent on revenge and destruction.

Maybe I'm making more out of it than I should, but if he's not, then I'll be disappointed. I've read their novels and I know they can develop full characters very well, and if he is a long-standing main character, I expect that to happen. (My MC is a fiction writer and story editor, and that guides what I look for.) I really hope they brainstorm this during the break.
KI#06167776
KI#09853290
Former visitor:
Myst Isis

Michael Landon

Dimitrios

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:45 pm Post subject:

I hope that thing to happen ms isis cause i am also one that speculates a lot because i am taking from that geat pleasure.Of course not without reading and finding some ,lets say possible evidence.

hehe you know me

Gandhar
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:54 pm Post subject:

Adolph Bahro...I think he used the extra hairs saved from the shoulder area to create a moustache. You can't see it in the photos...lol

ms. isis
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:44 am Post subject:

That is funny... but almost a possiblity too.

Sounds like this Bahro wishes to rule in a way to deserve the name.

Has a better reason for turning that way though.
KI#06167776
KI#09853290
Former visitor:
Myst Isis

Michael Landon

Posted: Post subject:

atheni33
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:59 am Post subject:

I had a crazy thought, when Yeesha talks about destruction is coming..it's almost here..it will be here soon. Could she be talking about being....'named' Destruction?

Quote:
You must make a home.
Destruction will be here soon.

The leader of the Bahronoir would have to distingish itself just like any Bahro. For example Illume and Dimitrios made contact with the Bahro in one of the bevins through emote....didn't the Bahro identfy itself as 'grey Bahro'? The Bahro obviously don't use designations the way we would but they do use them! From their perspective how would you identify the leader from those who follow? I'm not absolutely sure either but, I imagine their leader like any other embodies the will of group and this particularly group intends to destroy those who torchered them.... therefore the leader becomes 'Destruction' for that is it's designation.

Quote:
I do not know how long they will seek what I carry. It could be only days, it could be months.
Destruction is coming.
It is almost here.

ILLUME
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:40 am Post subject:

Gray Bahro
Small Bahro
Quiet Bharo
A Bahro

Gandhar
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:12 am Post subject:

Quote:

Not stating that Esher actually performed this act, but only that it was taken in his lab...So who took it....Who has it?

Quote:

Put these together...Hmmmm....What does SHE carry?

AND
Quote:
Most of the Bahro are friends.

On what side are friends?

bluewyvern
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:01 am Post subject:

Atheni: wow, that's a really good thought. Only one problem I see:

Quote:
Destruction is coming.
It is almost here.

She's already called the leader "he", but then calls Destruction "it".

Gandhar: I think it's the piece of skin Esher wore on his shoulder and used for bahro-style linking (which I totally failed to notice while I was playing the game, btw). I don't think Yeesha has it.

So what does she carry? She's talked before about a seed...maybe it's a seed?

Or maybe...it's the "seed" and it's this "daughter of the daughter" we've been wondering about... "carry" is, after all, an interesting term to use when she could have just as easily said "have".

And notice she didn't say it could be years.

Maybe Watson was right when he said Yeesha didn't have a daughter...yet.

(There's going to be a new Book released in the next chapter that goes to an old D'ni Laundry Age. Explorers will be able to restart the abandoned facility and work the machines to earn "nappy points" that can be donated to the hood of their choice...)

atheni33
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:51 pm Post subject:

Quote:
She's already called the leader "he", but then calls Destruction "it".

Yeah I though about that as well Blue. There was this theory going around a while back........that some Bahro could be......shape shifters.

ms. isis
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:52 pm Post subject:

I think it's very possible that destruction could be referring to a description or a name, rather than an event. That would be cool if it is, for the storyline.

Also, a lot of people are homing in on Exodus referring to the DRC leaving. Well, they didn't really leave did they? Some are still with us - some on break, some out trying to get what we need to continue in funding.

I've been searching the forums and so far haven't seen anyone come up with the idea that Exodus referred to the Bahro. They were the ones who all of a sudden really left.

I miss them.
KI#06167776
KI#09853290
Former visitor:
Myst Isis

Michael Landon

Briseis
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:39 pm Post subject:

Quote:
Destruction will come... soon or later. When it does, you must have a way. You must make a home.

I am having trouble processing these two concepts -- "destruction" and "home." Growing up in the deep south with yearly hurricanes, when "destruction is coming" we are supposed to "have a way" to leave home. Seems that was the grand lesson of Katrina and Rita in awhile back.

What sort of home are we supposed to be making? Is it supposed to be destruction-proof? Of does "home" mean a community concept? As in a united neighborhood that takes care of its own and all others. I think we got that one down. What else are we supposed to do, to make, to build?

Where is the horse and the rider ?
Where is the horn that was blowing ?
They have passed like rain on the mountains,
like wind in the meadow.
Back to top Go down
Azaia
Azaia

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Yeesha's Word In K'veer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeesha's Word In K'veer   Yeesha's Word In K'veer Sm-compass50Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:11 pm

Gandhar
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:36 pm Post subject:

Quote:
What else are we supposed to do, to make, to build?

Lets get the first part correct first
Quote:

this rhetoric is kinda weird..

ms. isis
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:03 pm Post subject:

"find a way" is following our journey ... which what we have available right now is completing the ages open to us

I'm doing a study of quotes from people for clues, a few I've found so far might be useful to ponder in relation to what she said.

Yeesha:
"The called continue their journey here. Building or growing. It is their choice."

"Life cannot be assembled from remains."

Phil:
"restoration is about growth and life on the inside"

"a kingdom is made of both life and belief it is only real with both"

Dr. Watson:
"I realize now that Atrus was right. He said that the city in the cavern should not be restored."

"I'm terrified, but also full of hope that D'ni can now truly be restored, alive again."

Still a bit cryptic, but I hope some things come through clearer as I gather more information. In the meantime, I think a lot of restoring has to do with looking inside of us to restore the D'ni, rather than looking at rebuilding the ruins of the city. The city is important, and I don't believe the rebuilding is meant to stop, but I believe it's a step in our journey to find home, not the ending.

We also see a lot of comments of "perhaps the ending has not yet been written."
KI#06167776
KI#09853290
Former visitor:
Myst Isis

Michael Landon

ms. isis
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:06 pm Post subject:

Found an interesting conversation about the 'bad vs good' bahro, in relation to what to call them ...

http://linguists.bahro.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1256

Glad this came up, although I'm a little fed up with the whining of 'good vs evil' has to mean religion ... the concept of 'good vs. evil' is in almost every storyline, and many of those aren't concerned with religion.
KI#06167776
KI#09853290
Former visitor:
Myst Isis

Michael Landon

ms. isis
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:50 pm Post subject:

Just thought of something connected to destruction, and I've kicked myself for not thinking of it sooner.

In Yeesha's cave speech - the first one:
"Many paths have brought me to this place. The path of my great-grandmother, bringer of destruction. The path of my grandfather, the rebuilder of pride. The path of my mother, writer of dreams, and of my father, my dear father, the caretaker of burdens."

Her great grandmother was Ti'ana. Gehn is her grandfather.

I have the Book of Ti'ana, and have made myself notes of things to remember from the book. If anyone knows they won't be able to read it and would like my notes, just send me a private message and I'll get them to you.
KI#06167776
KI#09853290
Former visitor:
Myst Isis

Michael Landon
Back to top Go down

Yeesha's Word In K'veer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Myss Terrie's Forum :: Archival Vault :: Forum Archives-
Jump to: