Myss Terrie's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Myss Terrie's Forum

Myss Terrie's forum is the online haven for members of the MOUL bevin, where we chat about life, the universe -- and everything.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The latest news, as known

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-06-16

The latest news, as known Empty
PostSubject: The latest news, as known   The latest news, as known Sm-compass50Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:42 am

Chogon (AKA Mark DeForest, Myst Community Manager) has taken Greydragon's duties since the Cavern's closing.

May 9, 2008
He explains who he is and other good information about user created content here.
http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15579&highlight=

May 20, 2008
Talks about the game engine here
http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15609&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=29

June 10, 2008
Gave this comment in between a complaining thread on Uru Obsession board and prompted us to remain still and not endanger the talks.
"Dickens, I understand your sentiment in getting Uru back online. But right now, your timing is not so good. We are getting closer to getting the rights issue resolved and I know you would hate to muddy the waters before that is accomplished and prevent Uru from coming back online in a bigger way than you are proposing.

So, to everyone, please don't panic yet... it's not over until the last bahro sings."

Thanks,
Chogon"

Current as of June 22, 2008.
Back to top Go down
Kit Fox
Guide
Guide
Kit Fox

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: The latest news, as known   The latest news, as known Sm-compass50Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:31 pm

What does Chogon mean what he says:
Quote :
But at the moment Cyan can't do anything different until the agreement with GameTap has changed or expires
?

I thought the agreement with GameTap had expired, and that's why Uru: Live was taken down. What? Is GameTap now claiming rights on Cyan's product and they won't let Cyan just walk off and post Uru: Live somewhere else? Cyan made this world and it should be Cyan that makes the call... right?

Or is there something else that I failed to see from all this?
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/tobias202
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: The latest news, as known   The latest news, as known Sm-compass50Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:35 pm

There are different rights that were sold by Cyan. The exact breakdown, I'm not sure of. But I believe it's Gametap that they are working with for the rights.

But there's more to it than that. Because Turner also owns some rights. I believe that's where the two years come into play. My guess that there is some crossing of the rights between Gametap and Turner. Cyan is trying to negotiate a way to release those rights before the contract's specified time.

Really, I'm the wrong person to ask on this. I don't have all the details. If you want a fuller answer I really suggest posting the question to have them explained on mystonline's forum. In fact, I'm sure it's in there somewhere already.

Only thing I know for sure is there's a two year wait if Cyan cannot negotiate the terms to have the rights released back to them.

It's sad when you sell your rights to your creation and become so limited to what you can do with it. It's the scary business side of publishing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The latest news, as known   The latest news, as known Sm-compass50

Back to top Go down

The latest news, as known
Page 1 of 1