Myss Terrie's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Myss Terrie's Forum

Myss Terrie's forum is the online haven for members of the MOUL bevin, where we chat about life, the universe -- and everything.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We're LIVE AGAIN!!!

Go down 
+11
Altercor
Charura
R'ubi Mai
Dimitrios
Azaia
Atheni33
Inanna
ms. isis
SeanMc74
Rose
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rose
Guide
Guide

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-07-05

We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Empty
PostSubject: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:46 pm

Go to the MystOnline website "PLAY" tab!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
SeanMc74
SeanMc74

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:31 pm

Holy crap bounce Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

See you all in cavern.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
SeanMc74
SeanMc74

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:42 pm

I'm downloading the client now. The entire cavern is returning all at once so I haven't been able to create an account yet.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Guide
Guide

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:43 pm

Having trouble getting in - there's something like 85 people on the forum, haha! Everyone's trying to sign up and download the installer. What a blast!

91 people now!
100 people!
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:53 pm

Well, I'm SUPPOSED to be working, but I've been listening to the Second Live chat ever since the announcement was made. Chat's been going nuts.

I texted Inanna. She'll try to get there as soon as she can. But they lost power and WIFI with it. As soon as she has power again, she be there.

I'm waiting until later when it's less busy - maybe after midnight my time. If I can contain myself, that is... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SeanMc74
SeanMc74

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:09 pm

I'm glad I'm home sick today. Hacking up a lung while downloading the client.

I got the email but now I'm trying to get a password. It will be so cool to be back in the cavern.
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:39 pm

It's also at http://www.urulive.com

They probably have it going through the same host and whatnot for both urls...looks like they are to me..but just in case they aren't, worth a shot if you're not getting in.
Back to top Go down
Inanna
Admin
Admin
Inanna

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Three attempts, three failures, but I shall persevere. For those who have been successful, is this version the same as before? I ask because I need to create my own account as Inanna and a bevin account as Myss Terrie.

MOUL is free, but they are asking for donations. I know we are all of us strapped for cash, but an infusion of money will help Cyan staff work out problems and give them the financial confidence that the community will support them. I am not saying that each be held to a particular sum, but suggest that you donate to MOUL the amount you would to sign up for any other online game. Second Life premium membership is $70 per year. We once paid GameTap about $50 per year to play MOUL on their servers. A comparable sum from each member of the D'ni loving community will go a long way to keeping the Cavern open.

So if you make a donation -- and you don't have to, of course -- perhaps you could append a note saying that the money was given on behalf of Myss Terrie's bevin and in memory of Gandhar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.webmousepublications.com
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:08 pm

Hey! Glad you got power back, Inanna! I saw pictures of the storms your way.

People in SL are saying they can't get in right now too. I hear Rand is/was waiting in Tokatah to greet the first arrivals. Wish I could be there, but keep telling myself it'll be easier for me after they get the servers settled in.

May have them up my internet connection this week though.

They say the donation page is working so everyone can at least do that right now. Donate for all the coffee the programmers are going to need to get through this rush!
Back to top Go down
Atheni33
Guide
Guide
Atheni33

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:25 pm

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Rose
Guide
Guide

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:29 pm

I'm still at download after a long-long time. Still didn't get the email yet. Ms Isis, you're right, better off to wait till later. This is great though!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Atheni33
Guide
Guide
Atheni33

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:34 pm

I'm getting a server is down error due to heavy demand..everybody is trying to get on. Wow it's going to be weird going back to the cavern. How long has it been?
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:40 pm

February 4, 2008 was when they announced it and it was offline in April.

I'm married to a programmer so I understand the rewards of waiting. Although, I have to admit, it's REALLY difficult. LOL
Back to top Go down
Guide
Guide

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:04 pm

Yup, server's still down at the moment. I was almost ready to drive up there and register in person but? I managed to at least get in to create the password for new account. Now to get the patcher to patch. hehe.
Back to top Go down
Azaia
Azaia

Number of posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:23 pm

I already hate Server 7 Application error, but we are back YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:12 pm

That's okay, I think so many of us went into Second Life that we crashed it there too. Only I'm worried now...when it kicked me out it said "the region you are in is going down"...eeek, sounded like a threat to me.
Back to top Go down
Azaia
Azaia

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:31 pm

Probably!! Or just crashing the server or region maintenance. Some sims have a scheduled maintenance time if on the mainland and other regions may be shut down by the estate owner. Just depends, not to worry tho ms. isis it's a regular thing in sl for the reigion to go down and log you off. Usually takes a few minutes to restart.
Back to top Go down
Azaia
Azaia

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:36 pm

WootWoot, finally got through, just waiting for my e-mail. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dimitrios
Guide
Guide
Dimitrios

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:25 am

Shorah friends , see you on deck (when the server is up and if Greece can join)
With great love and anticipation to see you and hug you all
Dimitrios
Back to top Go down
R'ubi Mai
Guide
Guide

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:42 am

OMG!!! I'm so excited! My launcher download is at 5hours 3 min and counting down... (I restarted at 6:00 this am after the overload crash last night.) I have to go to WORK, and I won't be home tonight; but TOMORROW NIGHT I hope to be dancing in the fountain with my cavern friends! Shorah--
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:33 am

LOL I've been loading since 2 am here. Hope it goes through. Took a couple times for it to take when I joined through gametap. Crossing fingers that it goes steadily and doesn't crap out right before finishing.
Back to top Go down
Charura
Guide
Guide

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:19 pm

Well, I got the files downloaded but the game servers are not letting me in...I keep getting Stack dumps...No school today because of the snow....I was hoping to be able to get into the cavern....To Ms Isis: yes I do think that's a great idea about the picture money. You're right..He would definately have wanted that...
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:30 pm

I just checked out the technical thread and it seems that most everyone is having that problem. Gets down to 0 or 8 seconds and then backs up in count again, and stack dumps. What a bummer.

I'm thinking of stopping mine now and just waiting until the weekend to try it again. Give them time to work out the issues. I've waited two years, another few more days won't hurt me any.

Thanks, Charura. I shall make that clear on the gallery notecards.
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:45 pm

sigh...was down to the last hour and going to wait it out...and the server disconnected me.
Back to top Go down
Altercor
Guide
Guide

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:12 pm

Hey folks. Just like old times, isn't it - there's nothing like the feeling of wrangling a dying authentication server and knowing that a thousand other people are doing exactly the same thing.

A tip for those having trouble with the file download: some kind soul has created a torrent with all of the necessary files. You can download it here. By doing so, you'll not only get a much faster transfer, but you'll be relieving Cyan's servers of the burden. Once it's finished, just extract it to your C:\Program Files\Uru Live directory.

(For those who are concerned about the ethics of torrenting: no, this is not sanctioned by Cyan, strictly speaking. But I can personally verify that it contains only those files which are already freely available through Cyan's own installer. So it's up to you to decide for yourself.)

Alternatively, if you still have your old MOUL files from GameTap, you can copy the "avi," "dat" and "sfx" folders to the new Uru Live folder. That will leave only about 200MB to get from Cyan.

I hope it's not long before we're sitting in a circle 'round the firemarbles again. Smile

- Kaelri, via Altercor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We're LIVE AGAIN!!!   We're LIVE AGAIN!!! Sm-compass50

Back to top Go down

We're LIVE AGAIN!!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next