Myss Terrie's Forum

Myss Terrie's forum is the online haven for members of the MOUL bevin, where we chat about life, the universe -- and everything.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Second Life Thoughts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ms. isis
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Second Life Thoughts   Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:41 am

Getting too much stuff now. So, I've created an arts and books store also. Hope to have it fully loaded by the end of the week or next week at the latest. Think I have around twelve books to create and set up yet.

The stands and bookstore are my backup plan in SL. Not sure if I'll make any money at the gallery to where I can keep the rent going...not with MOUL back. People just aren't going to want the images as bad now that they can have the real thing. Not that I'm sad at all - I much prefer this.

I do have a selection of jewelry that has resale rights attached to them. I'm testing a few out in the gallery to see if switching to mostly jewelry is a good option. My places only need to make back 1/2 their rent to stay viable.

Biggest problem is what to do if I need to give up the full gallery. Take land and build my space instead of the house and gallery, or keep just the house, or give up the house and keep the Tokatah apartment? It's a tough decision.

Translation:
“One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms. isis
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Second Life Thoughts   Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:10 pm

Still watching and thinking the gallery situation. It just doesn't fit the role I had for it anymore. I'm using my writing and publishing connections in SL, and think I can do something with that. Combine a bookstore and gallery set up, like I did the one shop. But not sure what to do beyond that.

Could keep the tokatah alley apartment as my place, with the memorial area on the balcony solely. Upstairs would be a library/bookstore and art area. Downstairs room would be a cool hang out area.

Jewelry doesn't seem to fit well there. Think I'll use a mall location for that.

So...since MOUL is back, Uru Memory Gallery doesn't fit anymore. Need a new name.

Another option is to make the house the memorial area and move my personal area out of there.

Still, I found this really cool steampunk house. Low prim. Very D'ni like. It could be a great addition to Eder Gira. I could take residence up on land with it and get rid of either one or both of the other two...depending on how much play allowance I have.

Translation:
“One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms. isis
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Second Life Thoughts   Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:02 pm

In the gallery I placed some guide books that introduce others to MOUL. I have them in my Celtic Dreams stand and at the book/art store.

Feeling really crappy today and can't function well, so didn't make much progress on any of the work or decisions with Second Life. I do escape into MOUL when I have play time. Eder Gira seems really lonely anymore. Except on the dancing nights.

My book/art store is in what you call a low impact area. I've learned that means that you cannot have many things and have to have your textures at 512 X 512. Some of mine were not. And spinning scripts is not allowed...I had to stop my artwork from spinning. That kind of kills the appeal to me of them. Still, it's a lot of space for a fraction of the cost. I can put the other stuff elsewhere.

I think I want to take up land on Age of Myst and keep the Tokatah alley apartment, if funds allow me to do both. I can compact Gandhar's pictures into boxes that people can pick up or one frame that holds many pictures to lower space. Might make a gazebo on the land for them and his memorial.

Translation:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms. isis
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Second Life Thoughts   Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Good thing I'm distracted by 1year old granddaughter today. Getting lag in SL and network 6'd in MOUL.

I've decided. This is what will go out to the D'ni Voice this week:

I started Uru Memory Gallery as a way for people to remember Uru and to attract new people to the worlds of Myst. With the happy return of MOUL right after I set it up, a "memory" gallery is no longer needed.

I'm now combining my love of art with my love of literature to remodel the gallery.

Over the next week or so, Uru Memory Gallery in the Tokatah Alley apartment will turn into the Frosted Myst Literature and Arts Gallery. You can already see how things will be changing. One section of downstairs area will remain dedicated to Gandhar. I've boxed up his posters I've made so far and have them available for a small price. All proceeds from Gandhar's posters will go to Cyan to help support MOUL, with his daughter's agreement that this is what he would have liked.

In addition, books and stories and poems will be available at my gallery locations. You can find six of my stories (as Diana Cacy Hawkins) there already, a few are free. And a stand for Myst related publications. Links to where you can find the three Myst novels are on top shelf, while books to click on for helpful hints for new MOUL explorers set below them. In the next few weeks, books from the Friends of the Fissure publications will be added to the Myst section.

Issis Ceriano
AKA Ms. Isis of Myss Terrie's Bevin #331871
AKA Elpis of Friends of Fissure Bevin #799191

Uru Memory Gallery/Frosted Myst Literature and Arts Gallery locations:
Uru Gallery Stand in Celtic Dreams
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Tweddle/191/81/79

Inside Uru Memory Gallery on Tokatah Alley
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Eder%20Gira/120/161/1955

Book and Art Studio outside St.Paul's Church
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Grace/23/223/128

This and That Shop in Celtic Dreams
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Tweddle/85/177/82

Translation:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms. isis
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Second Life Thoughts   Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:33 am

Monthly financial report on Gandhar's posters will be in tomorrow's D'ni Voice.

$300L sold = $1.50 (USD) added to this month's donation to Cyan.

Another $35 sold today that will go onto the next 30 day report. Smile

Translation:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms. isis
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Second Life Thoughts   Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:07 pm

I've moved. My address is now 004 Age of Myst. How cool is that? Razz

My new home:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/cdkhemo/AgeofMysthome.png

The front of the house:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/cdkhemo/AoMhomefront.png

The first floor:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/cdkhemo/AoMhome1stfloor.png

The second floor:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/cdkhemo/AoMhome2ndfloor.png

The roof view (overlooking Myst Island):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/cdkhemo/AoMhomeview.png

Translation:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms. isis
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Second Life Thoughts   Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:38 pm

I've gotten rid of the pool and terraformed a few ponds. Pretty happy with it, except I need to work on the water. Not exactly seamless yet.

New explorers are common in SL now. And it's surprising how many did not know that MOULa was back. Every week there's someone new to help and give instructions to.

Plus MOULa is not mac compatible yet, so it's the only place to see buddies, like Markarius. Many times, events are happening in SL and MOULa simultaneously to fit all in. That's cool.

When MOULa gives me a fit, I go into SL. If you yell at me and I don't answer, call again. If I don't answer the second time, I may be with a client in RL and can't answer.

During worktimes, if I'm in MOULa, I'm probably in as Elpis. She's going to podwatch while I work. :-)

Translation:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms. isis
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Second Life Thoughts   Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Still on 004 Age of Myst, have the main Frosted Myst Literature and Arts store in Tokatah Alley, another Frosted Myst Pillows and more store overlooking a seaside community, and just finished a writers/artists retreat called Claw and Quill Writers Guild for the moment.

Retreat is decked out in a combination of Steampunk, nature, and Myst. Much of the Myst items come from Things We've Myst store that goes out of business this month. Three different Myst players are on site, each one plays a different cd soundtrack.

Retreat also has interesting neighbors - an Indian village behind, the Sith Dynasty (Star Wars) to the right, and vacation villas in front and to the left.

Translation:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms. isis
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Second Life Thoughts   Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:18 pm

I had to open a larger store for Frosted Myst, in addition to the Tokatah Alley one. The link to it is on a board upstairs in the Tokatah Alley store. The office for it is a reproduction of the small houses on Tomahna from Revelations.

I'm working on a myst themed gazebo for the gazebo line I'm building now.

Claw and Quill Writers Guild retreat became Serenity Myst Writers and Artists. The first event has been scheduled on it. Sunday Book Lovers Social Gathering group is using it in April. :-)

Translation:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms. isis
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Second Life Thoughts   Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:02 am

I almost got appointed the journalist for the Age of Myst news...

We have a new neighbor, Ren, who moved across the way from me. Good guy, new to the SL world...we initiated him. :-)

Anarta set fire to his hut, then brought out the firetruck, ran me over with it, so they brought out the ambulance, and then the police showed up. For awhile the Age of Myst was full of sirens and lights.

Of course, it took Ren half an hour to realize that his roof really was on fire...half an hour of us shouting FIRE! and telling him to look. LOL

I was innocent of course...okay, I did prompt Colorado to shut the doors on him when he ran in to the burning hut to rescue his beer...

But everyone's safe and Ren's hut is completely repaired now. And no one went to jail. :-)

And I've done my job as reporter...

Translation:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms. isis
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Second Life Thoughts   Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:05 am

Spent most of last week sick with sinuses. Popped into MOUL a few times, but so woozy couldn't do much. Mostly just sat avvie in SL and listened to music. Spent the lucid moments getting all the shop stuff ready.

Sooo behind in RL. Had to push back a website release by another week and a half. Have a houseful this weekend, so probably won't be online much either. Just hoping to be 'well' before they get here.

Finally got Ren to try MOUL, but he's never played URU and is lost and overwhelmed. As soon as he gets his KI number I'll post it in a section so we can help him find his way around.

Translation:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms. isis
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Second Life Thoughts   Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:51 pm

Continuous Cavern City Party was great tonight. Lobo's birthday and a fine celebration.

Twenty in attendance and a super donation made to the sim!

Of course, Watashi had the song "It's Raining Men" come on and someone had to make it happen. LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/cdkhemo/rainingmenincity.jpg

Translation:

Last edited by ms. isis on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : took out image code so it's just the picture url and not making the screen so wide)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms. isis
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Second Life Thoughts   Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:39 am

My old monitor doesn't work well when it's daylight out for MOUL. MOUL's settings are just too dark. And I have my monitor brightness maxed out all the way. So, I only pop in late at night or early in morning when it's still dark out. Today's a dreary overcast day - house is still dark, so I thought I'd hang out in MOUL.

Wow. No neighbors or buddies in MOUL at all. And I have a huge list. Only ten in city, and 99% of bevins on list empty. Found that sad.

This month, I'm adding another $1 to my Cyan donation for Gandhar sales. There was maybe one for this period, but I've decided that on converting sales to real dollars, if it doesn't equal $1, it becomes $1 anyway. Ain't gonna worry about pennies.

Sales in the stores in general are way down now. But traffic is way up because I've participated in some hunts. I love getting a theme and having to create something that goes with it. I do have another store location chosen and worked out for the fall time, but these stores must start doing something before then.

I made my first building. Using it at home now. Not sure what it is exactly - home or store building or workhouse. Bottom half is open and I'm using that as a work area. Top half is closed off for a secret living quarters. Might use the same structure build to make a steampunk one.

I received a box that plays the Myst soundtracks. We wanted Myst music on the island, so I asked Anarta, gave her my box and now we have Myst music on the island. Cool. Then my secret source sent me another to replace that one. :-)

Back to work. If it stays dreary, may check in at MOUL in afternoon for awhile too. Maybe someone will be in then. Or perhaps I'll just hang out while I work. Wanted to hang out in Delin, but they haven't set it to spring and that's when I like to be there. Hope they do that.

Translation:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms. isis
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Second Life Thoughts   Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:02 am

If you're one of the folks I was talking to tonight - I crashed. Can't get back in on either emerald or SL viewer. Can't even get to the SL website.

Hope I'm not a ghost now.

They're doing restarts and region maintenance. Supposed to give a warning, but I didn't get one. So, I dunno...

Guess I'll go to bed and find out in the morning.

Translation:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms. isis
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Second Life Thoughts   Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:36 am

Wow...bet there were some sleepy SL programmers this morning. LOL

Translation:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms. isis
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Second Life Thoughts   Wed May 05, 2010 2:42 pm

I've had The Book of T'iana and the Book of D'ni for a long time, but only recently got the Book of Atrus. Just started reading it.

Find it ironic about the cat Atrus had in the book. Same color as the cat I name Atrus at my SL home.

Translation:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms. isis
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Second Life Thoughts   Fri May 07, 2010 12:34 pm

I got a Squee from Exile now. I have one on my shoulder...pretty cool. And two that sit on the ground with animations. One with a fruit and one without. Great reproductions. Only thing is that the ones that sit on the ground are super tiny. Like mouse sized. Put them both out at Serenity Myst. One sits in front of the gear trail leading to the clock tower and the other is on the gear in middle of area.

Translation:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms. isis
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Second Life Thoughts   Mon May 17, 2010 3:05 pm

D'ni Refugee friend Exodus has been having a rough time in RL and needs help, so he's marked his store down to 50% off from now until June 4th, and he's taking donations. He also set up a yard sale at his shop. A few friends are organizing fundraisers for him too. Check out the D'ni Voice for information. http://thednivoice.wordpress.com

Exodus will be making me one of the alcoves from Eder Kemo for the retreat. It'll make a great reading area for writers and poets. I've decorated more of the retreat in his creations too.

I had to get a second avvie for group needs. So Elpis is now in Second Life as Elpis Darkfold. She lives a few parcels down from Inanna.

Still working with those who are too shy or unwilling to ask for help from those hanging out in MOUL for help. Many are able to be on both MOUL and SL at the same time, so I can pass them hints while I'm working on projects. Means I have to keep changing the screen often or work on laptop while SL is up on main computer. Building websites for the next few weeks.

Translation:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms. isis
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Second Life Thoughts   Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:08 am

I'm in all day at the writers and artists retreat for an open house introduction tomorrow - Sunday.

And we also have a house warming in the afternoon for Inanna's Egyptian Palace she built...where we have our homes in the sky there. (I'm still on Myst Island...just have two homes.)

Hoping to drive a few more people to MOUL from the effort. Very Happy

Translation:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second Life Thoughts   

Back to top Go down

Second Life Thoughts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2