Myss Terrie's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Myss Terrie's Forum

Myss Terrie's forum is the online haven for members of the MOUL bevin, where we chat about life, the universe -- and everything.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone on Facebook?

Go down 
+5
SeanMc74
Charura
ms. isis
David Griffin
Atheni33
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Atheni33
Guide
Guide
Atheni33

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Anyone on Facebook? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone on Facebook?   Anyone on Facebook? Sm-compass50Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:40 am

I just joined facebook and was curious if any of my hoodmates was on it? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David Griffin

David Griffin

Number of posts : 11
Location : Lafayette, Louisiana or Arkham, Massachusetts depending on what name I'm using lately.
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Anyone on Facebook?   Anyone on Facebook? Sm-compass50Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:58 pm

Indeed so. I have an account on Facebook. It helps me keep in touch with my buddies who don't live so locally anymore.

While not as interactive as the Cavern (not by a long shot) it does allow for social interaction.
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Anyone on Facebook?   Anyone on Facebook? Sm-compass50Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:25 pm

I have an account there under Diana Cacy Hawkins. Feel free to friend me.
Back to top Go down
Charura
Guide
Guide

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Anyone on Facebook?   Anyone on Facebook? Sm-compass50Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:50 pm

Gee...I realize I'm a young-un around here...but..doesn't anyone use E-mail anymore? I find all the other options more ad-intrusive and annoying than just a quick note to say 'Hi..How are you'....
Back to top Go down
Atheni33
Guide
Guide
Atheni33

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Anyone on Facebook?   Anyone on Facebook? Sm-compass50Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:09 pm

Quote :
Gee...I realize I'm a young-un around here...but..doesn't anyone use E-mail anymore?
Actually I'm constantly e-mailing everyday for work lol which means I don't have a lot of time to just chat. However in Facebook which I'm still learning to navigate through I can get brief updates on how folks are doing. I don't know if I prefer facebook over e-mailing or chatting but the format lends for more intimate setting I think.

If anyone is interested you can friend me in Facebook under Erica Rachel Coleman in Columbus Oh. Hope to here from ya.

Last edited by Atheni33 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

PostSubject: Re: Anyone on Facebook?   Anyone on Facebook? Sm-compass50Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:38 pm

Facebook is one of those things that take awhile to get used to...and it depends on who else you know is using it. It's great for families and friends to keep in touch with one another and share photos, and play silly games together. It's great for keeping in touch with your customers and prospects if you have a business. It's great for writers to keep connected with their fans and help keep a continual readership going. Same for artists. And because of all this, it's a great place to research anything you need to find out.

But once you get used to it and have those you exchange with on it, it's great. You can send private messages to one another, like an email. Just know if you send a message to two people, all three of you see the whole discussion, which is not like email.

The Facebook format allows for more than one participant in the same conversation - and that's cool sometimes. I live away from home, so it helps me keep in touch with family more. My family is internet deficient for the most part and my aunt only seems to email chain emails...but I have about 16 of the in-laws as friends, which helps since we never get to see them.

There are a few uru/myst groups, but they have low activity on them.

As for emailing...I have about 6 email accounts... Razz
Back to top Go down
SeanMc74
SeanMc74

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Anyone on Facebook?   Anyone on Facebook? Sm-compass50Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:59 pm

Hello all. I'm on there too. Sean McCormick in Philadelphia.

I have a lot of doubts will ever get back into the cavern. But who knows.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
Back to top Go down
Sti'in

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone on Facebook?   Anyone on Facebook? Sm-compass50Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:47 am

Leander Vonk from Amsterdam here Smile
I'm adding you all Razz

Happy holidays you all!
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

PostSubject: Re: Anyone on Facebook?   Anyone on Facebook? Sm-compass50Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:31 pm

Merry Christmas to all of us celebrating the holiday!

Be safe to all those visiting family, whether it's Christmas or using the time off for family.

I visited cavern in Second Life a bit today...but didn't stay long. Only using computer for short bursts of time, just in case. We're in ice and wind area and power keeps trying to go out. Two and a half days of being cooped up - trying hard not to get cabin fever. LOL My DS is getting the workout!
Back to top Go down
Dimitrios
Guide
Guide
Dimitrios

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Anyone on Facebook?   Anyone on Facebook? Sm-compass50Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:38 am

Dimitris Katsiantonis on FB the guy with the rose shirt
Back to top Go down
Guide
Guide

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Anyone on Facebook?   Anyone on Facebook? Sm-compass50Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:47 pm

Barbara Witkowski on Facebook, but my pic at the moment is of my cat, Kiki. She also has her own Facebook acct. Lol. Kiki Witkowski
Back to top Go down
Azaia
Azaia

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Anyone on Facebook?   Anyone on Facebook? Sm-compass50Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:21 pm

Gwendolyn Moore on Facebook, pic of me at work in my junky office lol, organized chaos my staff call it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

PostSubject: Re: Anyone on Facebook?   Anyone on Facebook? Sm-compass50Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:42 pm

I will be cleaning my friends list slowly over the next month...got a lot of people who connected with me for business reasons and who knows why that I don't need anymore.

I will try NOT to unfriend any Explorers...if I do mess up, please send a request back to me. I didn't mean it! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone on Facebook?   Anyone on Facebook? Sm-compass50

Back to top Go down

Anyone on Facebook?
Page 1 of 1