Myss Terrie's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Myss Terrie's Forum

Myss Terrie's forum is the online haven for members of the MOUL bevin, where we chat about life, the universe -- and everything.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Something I Guess I Myst

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Azaia
Azaia

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Something I Guess I Myst Empty
PostSubject: Something I Guess I Myst   Something I Guess I Myst Sm-compass50Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:16 am

Charura

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:55 am Post subject: Somethings I guess I MYST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My dad had me play the sequels to URU

Oh my Gosh.....

I had no idea as to the whole game here......

I thought the URU thing was stand alone...

Of course, with guidance, I was able to get through Myst, Riven, Exile, Revelations... No way could I have done this on my own...

How, did we end up here....

My father, as wise and as silly, asked me to see the whole aspect of the game...

I did not see this as a game, but, more of a way to converse with people across the globe, but now I'm hooked, as most people are, as the search for the answers are even more obvious.....

And, as a fathers daughter, I'm getting silly as well....

I'm looking forward to playing Myst V End Of Ages WITHOUT Help...TY

URU was a game to continue the quest?

Rose

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:20 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charura, that’s so cool, that you’re playing all the games that came before. I should get my old games out and play them again. I will do that sometime soon.

I’ve been hooked on the Myst games since they first came out – always waiting for the next one! And although I played each one as it came out, I never was too sure about the exact storyline. It wasn’t until Uru online came out that, by talking to others in the cavern and doing a lot of research, I came to know more of the story – the D’ni people, the bahro, Yeesha - all that became much clearer during our year online.

Uru was my first online game. I was amazed at the people coming from all over the world. So interesting!

I’m so glad you’re enjoying the games and the story! I hope we will sometime get the answers to all the questions that remain.

Azaia

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:52 pm Post subject:

Nice to see you're discovering all of the Myst worlds Charura, when you visit Releesham (spelling ) you'll want to experience more of it I promise. (HINT for Cyan )

Like Rose I've been hooked on the Myst games since the beginning. I waited to play URU until it was the complete chronicles and it made the storyline really make sense for me. When I made it to the cavern in MOUL (Damala shard shut down as soon as I got an invite) I was thrilled to share thoughts and ideas with others. It was my first online gaming experience and has probably spoiled me. But to find so many other people from around the world who shared my love of the D'ni and all of the ages of Myst was unique and wonderful and I'm really happy I got the chance if only for a short period.

Enjoy the all of the Myst worlds and we will continue to hope that the ending has not yet been written.

Gandhar

Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:09 pm Post subject:

I've been waiting to post here....Check this out.....very well done video...goes with the topic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozVktF-c6OM&feature=related

Azaia

Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:48 pm Post subject:

Thanks Gandhar

The video was done very well. No wonder Relto felt so comfortable. I am constantly amazed at the abilities and imagination of the Myst community. Makes one wonder why Cyan won't give the community a chance to contribute to the Myst Franchise in a more active way. Wishful thinking

David Griffin

Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:16 am Post subject:

I too have been addicted to the Myst saga. The storyline, the puzzles, the imagery. I actually missed MOUL so much that I bought Uru C.C. and added it to my Myst collection. My only complaint is that the Bevin is a little too empty and quiet for my taste.

I also just bought E.O.A. and look forward to playing through it, Charura.

Hope you enjoy it!

I also noticed Sailor made it back. Ahoy buddy! My Ahnonay wouldn't have been complete without your help. Looking forward to someday seeing you in the hood again!

"All we have to do is believe and we can do anything."

Inanna

Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:02 pm Post subject:

Got hooked on Myst. Got through Riven and Exile. Got spoiled by URU:CC and POTS. For some reason Revelations does not play correctly on my computer and as beautiful as EoA is -- hmm, did I mention I was spoiled by URU?

Somehow after I saw myself as Inanna I can not go back to being just a hand cursor. Is that vanity?

To let understanding stop at what can not be understood is a high attainment.
Those who can not do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven.

Azaia

Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:57 pm Post subject:

Inanna said
Quote:
Somehow after I saw myself as Inanna I can not go back to being just a hand cursor. Is that vanity? hmm, did I mention I was spoiled by URU?

no vanity that I can see

I know what you mean, been playing URU CC since MOUL got cancelled I find myself typing /sit, /laugh and nothing happens DOH and then I run to the hood and find only white firemarbles and cones but no homies.

Definetly spoiled here

Advertising

Posted: Post subject:

ms. isis

Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:01 pm Post subject:

At least we still have Eddie.
KI#06167776
elpis (Friends of the Fissure)
KI#09853290
Former visitor:
Myst Isis

I want people to laugh and cry, not just sit and stare at the TV.
Michael Landon

Tomala

Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:04 am Post subject:

That we do.

Azaia

Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:38 pm Post subject:

To funny Tomala

Inanna

Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:29 am Post subject:

I have been busy working on the story for La Casa and been in URU:CC and PotS to get more images. I have been creating all sorts of books for La Casa's library -- many of them picture books of URU. In the works are:

a book series with one book per age filled with images of that age

a book series for each aspect of URU (art, astronomy, climatology, biology, etc)

a folder of all the letters found in the Cavern

journals for La Casa's characters

La Casa Cook Book -- all those fine quab recipes

Already on the shelf is a picture book of evocative scenery, archaeological research of the Cleft done in the mid-1960s, an herbal recipe book using URU plants, and three volumes of US laws pertaining to recovery of artifacts. We have a "radio station" with four different interviews online with musical accompaniment.

Many thanks to ms. isis, sengel and Atheni33 for their involvement in the project. It makes me feel a little less alone while waiting for the Cavern to reopen.

Tomala

Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:53 am Post subject:

Azaia wrote:
To funny Tomala

No seriously, you need to use caution when being around Eddie...

He does put on a good laser light show though.

Just watch out when his family comes to dinner. And no, none of this was photoshopped either.

Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:29 pm Post subject:

That is hilarious Tomala.

~Atheni

Azaia

Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:59 pm Post subject:

Glad to see you are sitll with us Atheni and how you doing?
Azaia
Azaia

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Something I Guess I Myst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something I Guess I Myst   Something I Guess I Myst Sm-compass50Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:17 am

Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:51 pm Post subject:

Hey Azaia!! I'm doing fine...but I miss everyone so much. I really do.

~Atheni

Inanna

Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:48 pm Post subject:

So, Atheni, why is the forum calling you a "guest" ? It should say "fixture"

atheni33

Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:43 pm Post subject:

Evidently I forgot to log in when I made those post so my avie didn't show up.

Advertising

Posted: Post subject:

Rose

Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:37 am Post subject:

/me waves at Atheni

atheni33

Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:29 pm Post subject:

Shorah Rose! /Atheni waves hello
Back to top Go down

Something I Guess I Myst
Page 1 of 1