Myss Terrie's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Myss Terrie's Forum

Myss Terrie's forum is the online haven for members of the MOUL bevin, where we chat about life, the universe -- and everything.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pelishard is open!!

Go down 
+6
Rose
Sti'in
Tomala
Gandhar
ms. isis
Atheni33
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:59 am

I'm guessing you contact the email provider's support for help.

I did a little searching but couldn't find anything. There are techie people at the myst/uruonline forum...perhaps they can help.

Huggs!!
Back to top Go down
Charura
Guide
Guide

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:24 pm

OK..I finally got this Pelishard thingy working...using my dads notes and such.It's cool..you see and interact with people like we used to...Darn it...One more month maybe Dad could have seen this.. any else had any luck?

Auntie Em....lol
Back to top Go down
Charura
Guide
Guide

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:23 pm

OK...here is what I have...

Start here....http://pelishard.net/forums/index.php

See Projects...mouse over and see Pelishard....

Then click on How to Play link...only English and French available so far..after that it is self explanatory other than knowing where the MOUL files can be down-loaded..My dad had them, so it wasn't an issue for me...I think you can ask on the Guild of Writers forum to get those files...http://forum.guildofwriters.com/index.php?sid=aa3234c8b1b5beb6ac6e9bea008ceedc...

I'm sorry if this is hard but I don't have an easier way to explain it....good luck....
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:54 am

Thanks for that. Not sure if I can get there soon or not. I believe I need to do some updating to my computer...via the programmer hubby. After we get the card paid down a bit. LOL

Really was hoping things at home would move quicker than they have and I'd have that second pc. I did get a laptop, but it still needs upgrading before it can become my main business computer and I'm able to do more with this one.
Back to top Go down
Charura
Guide
Guide

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:06 pm

OK...new directions and they are soon changing also...
http://pelishard.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30
Back to top Go down
Charura
Guide
Guide

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:36 am

Now another bit of news about the Pelishard...on 11/11/09 Dhel (admin of Pelishard) wrote:
Quote :
The Shard will do down this month. I'm just not able to maintain it anymore, Mentally and physically..
The future of the Pelishard is unknown yet..Maybe we'll let a new admin maintain it..not sure yet.

Greetings,
teamEXiLED
Back to top Go down
Sti'in

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:21 am

Dang.. I just got my account set up and started playing Sad
Back to top Go down
Tomala
Guide
Guide
Tomala

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Too bad...

But at least there are other places.
Back to top Go down
Charura
Guide
Guide

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:56 am

Gee..I love a puzzle...it would be nice to at least PM someone........this is the latest I have...lol

Quote :
Pelishard Notes: The Shard is running good so far, except for a few Bugs here and there. After we fixed the nastiest bugs ("Unable to download one or more files" and Minkata Crash"), we will not neccessarily bring more Updates. If we do so, it will only be Bug fixes, no cosmetic changes. The Shard was the first big project of teamEXiLED and it has been a huge success, this is where we want to leave it.

And then this
Quote :
In short words: I will not continue working on the Peli.NET client, for now! Why? It doesn't make sense in the moment. All the URU stuff got transferred to torrents, first this should be included into the client and now there is no more PeliShard, so the URU feature is completely useless.
Only RoW is actually, a certain part of it...

I will tell you if i change my opinion but i can't see any sense in my work...

Doesn't sound promising......I'm trying to say goodbye to as many that are there,in Pelishard,,,that were there, sniffle sniffle, in MOUL at the end
Back to top Go down
Sti'in

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:12 am

And also this:

Quote :
Heya.

We decided that we want to focus on new Games in the future (such as Rise Of Winter), so we're now searching for new Admins that want to administrate our Shard. Right now, i'm preparing the Shard for the basics.. If you are interested, send me a PM and we will get in contact with you.

EDIT: Your account details and age status will be kept.

Greetings,
Dhel

hmm..
Back to top Go down
Charura
Guide
Guide

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:24 pm

And to Sti'in..Yes it was me playing another of my dads avvies...Henry Orbit...you caught me....LOL
Back to top Go down
Sti'in

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:03 am

Hehe I noticed it was on your profile
And the server is back up again, I played yesterday.
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:17 am

So, I'm a little confused...Pelishard is working well, but the server is eating too much resources for the one who got it going and they're looking for someone else to handle the server. Is that it?

That is one concern I have about open source. How can someone handle the load without having to charge for it? The admin would have to have a lot of time for maintenance and money for upkeep.

After Christmas, we're going to try to set up my laptop as the main business computer. Needs some improvements done to it yet. And I'll talk to hubby about if this one can be made a gaming computer and if he'd allow Drizzle and other components to be on it. Perhaps even Blender...if I can figure out how to get the time to learn it. I'd love to join you guys. Right now, the best I can do is Second Life.
Back to top Go down
Charura
Guide
Guide

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Not sure about the server issue .. that didn't seem to be an issue..I think they were short-staffed in the Ad-min side of the forum and maybe techie answers...
Back to top Go down
Charura
Guide
Guide

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:34 pm

Now that Atrion has control..please do not take more into this than I'm trying to say..The Pelishard has given Ad-min control over to Atrion... My dad always told me to be very careful and read the fine print when things get passed around..SO. My uncle wiped the hard-drive for this puter and gave ME sole use of it...look out girls.......
Back to top Go down
Charura
Guide
Guide

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:14 am

http://pelishard.net/forums/index.php?/topic/26-guide-how-to-play-on-the-pelishard/

Can't wait to sit around the marble fireplace...
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:10 pm

Thanks for the link!

Once we get the wireless router here I'll consider moving all business stuff over to my laptop and ask hubby if we should use this pc for getting into the shards. Since it's all open source and he'll have to fix anything that blows, I'll leave the decision up to him.
Back to top Go down
Charura
Guide
Guide

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:35 am

Something you all can do even in URU-CC with the drizzle add-on?

I did this just today....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ6K10FtXgs
Back to top Go down
Charura
Guide
Guide

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:35 am

Oh...MERRY CHRISTMAS...I forgot...long year
Back to top Go down
crashman1977

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:26 pm

Hi Everyone

I thought I would give my insite on the pelishard. Although the pelishard is still up and running. I know its not cyan approved. I have had no issues with the shard or anyone on the shard. The requirements you have to have the contents if you do not though you can not get on the shard. The shard patch only does modification of the original files. The basic part you only need to get on the shard is complete chronicles or path of the shell. But if you want to convert the moul contents, myst v, and crowthistle you can also do that. But you really do not need those to get on the shard. So really drizzle does not have to be used at all only if you are converting the moul, myst v, and crowthistle contents. Also Dhel is still admin and Atrion is just doing stuff behind the scenes so to speak. Also if you have any more question you can contact Dhel on the pelishard forum he be glad to answer any question you may have.
Back to top Go down
Charura
Guide
Guide

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:15 pm

TY crashman1977 and welcome to the forum....I think you pretty much summed it up there....I'm a 'member' of the shard, as was my father, and I see no problem in playing with something that is not taking away from Cyan's interest.
There has not been any deviations, i.e. new storylines, throughout the time I have been a member...Talk is, however, of trying to get more people to become involved through things like marker games..Wow...I'm just happy to get back into the cavern and actually interact with fellow URU-ites...
Back to top Go down
crashman1977

Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:36 pm

Charura wrote:
TY crashman1977 and welcome to the forum....I think you pretty much summed it up there....I'm a 'member' of the shard, as was my father, and I see no problem in playing with something that is not taking away from Cyan's interest.
There has not been any deviations, i.e. new storylines, throughout the time I have been a member...Talk is, however, of trying to get more people to become involved through things like marker games..Wow...I'm just happy to get back into the cavern and actually interact with fellow URU-ites...

I agree the first time I got into online was during when cyan had the first shard called D'mala. Then got into Gametap version Myst Online URU Live. I really did miss being in the cavern and helping people if they needed it. I am one of the Greeter from MOUL. So when I got into the shard there was people that was asking question about the shard and other information so I answered the best I could to help them. So I guess it was good I got into the shard to help out if I could. I have also set up a Guild of Greeters relto for that purpose to keep it away from the Neighborhood so not to bother anyone. Since invites can be sent to Relto it makes it easy for that purpose I just keep a eye on names of who is new and I send a invite. I'm StephenC in the shard just so you know. Even if there is no new contents except fan created ages. I really do not see a problem with the shard. I think the only problem Cyan really may have with the shard is that it uses drizzle. Who knows if they can get away from using drizzle maybe they will give them there blessing its possible. But not for sure on that one though.
Back to top Go down
Dhelayan

Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:52 am

Yep, exactly. And hey everyone Very Happy

We try to distance ourself from Drizzle as good as we can. Basically, people need no Drizzle to play on the Shard, only if they want additional Worlds (and converted Cyan Ages, except MOUL).
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:27 pm

When I can get my computer situation settled, I hope to be there. I'd like to use this one for gaming and get into Blender too...and move all the business stuff over to the laptop. New challenge is making it so hubby can hook up to work with our set up for at-home workdays. Of course, by the time I get the laptop upgraded and ready, we'll be moved. LOL

SL is nice, but I miss hanging out in the Bevin and greeting visitors too. Thanks for keeping us informed.
Back to top Go down
Inanna
Admin
Admin
Inanna

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:29 pm

Now that some time has passed I am going to give it a go, but on a separate drive from my main C. My last laptop (Rivendell) died at Thanksgiving and my new laptop (Rohan -- LOTR theme for computer names here) need not be taxed by running suspicious software, etc. I have loaded the shard onto a thumbdrive (Fangorn, the theme continues) and I will check it out from there.

I will say that when we started work on La Casa I was very careful to contact Cyan legal and get terms spelled out. Ms. Isis and I have adhered to those terms and there has been no problem. In fact, Cyan seems eager to have our creativity keeping their worlds alive, but there are limits. As soon as I complete my assessment I will report back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.webmousepublications.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pelishard is open!!   Pelishard is open!! - Page 2 Sm-compass50

Back to top Go down

Pelishard is open!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next