Myss Terrie's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Myss Terrie's Forum

Myss Terrie's forum is the online haven for members of the MOUL bevin, where we chat about life, the universe -- and everything.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Warner Bros and the Harry Potter Movies...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Warner Bros and the Harry Potter Movies... Empty
PostSubject: Warner Bros and the Harry Potter Movies...   Warner Bros and the Harry Potter Movies... Sm-compass50Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:15 am

Harry Potter movies are one of the few that I actually pay to go to the theater for. Don't like crowds, and prefer all the extras that come with the DVDs so I always wait.

The next movie, Harry and the Half Blood Prince, was slated to come out last November. And it was ready. But Warner Bros chickened out and moved it to a 2009 release, so they could count it as 2009 income. I signed a petition against this, but of course, big companies do not listen to their customers in times like this.

Imagine how irked I was to hear that they didn't release it early in the year, but in July. I know there's scheduling concerns, but to make us wait another six months came across as an insult. This and things here and there have been causing me to be concerned about Warner Bros attitude.

And a whole new appreciation for companies like Cyan, who truly listen to their fans. From my profession, I fully understand how a smaller company has more leeway in this area than a large one. But I've also witnessed large companies who truly care about their fans/customers feelings, and know Warner Bros. could have taken measures to give us an earlier release.

As a side note, I'm sad to know that they turned down renewing the movie bid for a Xanth novel, based on Piers Anthony writing. They had already spent millions on getting the script ready. Hopefully things will ease up in 2009 for them and they will want the rights back. I know Piers is wanting to move forward on this.

I do understand that times are hard for Warner Bros also. I'm in touch with script writers, and so I get to see the inside a bit. Just had to rant about the movie thing to someone and get it out of my head. Cause I want to see it!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Warner Bros and the Harry Potter Movies... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warner Bros and the Harry Potter Movies...   Warner Bros and the Harry Potter Movies... Sm-compass50Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:23 pm

Should add to this that I also read a review by someone who went to the restricted showing of the next Harry Potter movie when it was finished.

If you read the books, beware. They have left A LOT out of the story for this movie. So much that I'm not even going to bother going to the theater to see it this summer. I'll wait for the DVD.

Kind of bummed because the main bits they left out were the parts I was most excited to see how they would portray them in the movie. They made the final movie into two parts, they should have done it with this one too.
Back to top Go down

Warner Bros and the Harry Potter Movies...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Myss Terrie's Forum :: Surface Library :: Movies-
Jump to: