Myss Terrie's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Myss Terrie's Forum

Myss Terrie's forum is the online haven for members of the MOUL bevin, where we chat about life, the universe -- and everything.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dealing with crap right now...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Dealing with crap right now... Empty
PostSubject: Dealing with crap right now...   Dealing with crap right now... Sm-compass50Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:34 am

Going on two nights of very- very little sleep, so forgive me if this doesn't sound right. First night was insomnia. Last night was due to a missing 17 year old son.

He's still missing. Cops have been going from place to place all night, knocking on doors looking for him.

We're pissed and frustrated because we think this may be a case of rebellion, but can't let it loose because we do not know for sure yet. And totally confused about it if it is rebellion. He was mad about the curfew time and his father calling him to make him come home ... and he was carrying a very expensive macbook computer.

My son is a natural manipulator and he does say things as he feels the other person needs to hear them so that he looks good. But we honestly thought we had an understanding with him and he was facing his stress and not wanting to move away.

Dealing with a wrong place to live on a personal level - frustrated school environment - changing body - confusion about self and life...yada, yada ... we remember those feelings, right? Some of us never outgrow them. But he's had a rough year and almost decided to quit school and just be a 'worker'. We thought we had him past that... And we've been preparing for a late spring move so he could have his last year of high school somewhere else.

Don't normally use boards like this for personal purposes, but since I'm an admin here and usually keeping an eye on it, I thought I should let you know. Cause once we find out what's going on, I could be gone awhile dealing with the aftermath of whichever way this turns out.
Back to top Go down
Gandhar
Guide
Guide
Gandhar

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with crap right now...   Dealing with crap right now... Sm-compass50Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:11 am

Ms Isis Wrote:
Don't normally use boards like this for personal purposes.....

You might need to try this one: I love you

Dealing with crap right now... Pq2o9blA

I hope all turns out well.........

Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with crap right now...   Dealing with crap right now... Sm-compass50Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:10 pm

I'm still here.

Still no son. We have leads supporting that he may be "cooling off" from being pissed at his dad, and leads that say he pissed off some people in town. Some very bad people. The police are trying to follow up on both possibilities, but so far nothing.

I think hubby is going to try to bring home the company laptop and work the programming job from home for a few days. He's having a hard time concentrating when he does go in to fix anything. Hoping this will help him ease back into it in case we're in for a long wait.

Right now, he's out with our pastor searching known camp areas and neighboring fields for the camping out possibility.

And I'm running out of Advil. Thankfully daughter gave me a new supply of espresso for birthday last week, so I'm fully supplied there.
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with crap right now...   Dealing with crap right now... Sm-compass50Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:53 pm

Still nothing. We suspect that he did this on his own free will and just couldn't wait a few more months until he's 18.

We've made a website up and we're taking out fliers today.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Guide
Guide

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with crap right now...   Dealing with crap right now... Sm-compass50Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:58 pm

Thinking of you Ms Isis, and hoping all is ok....
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with crap right now...   Dealing with crap right now... Sm-compass50Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:17 pm

Thanks,

No son yet. Situation getting desperate. Information I'm not at liberty to reveal. He is "in trouble". We can help him out of it, but our window of time to be capable of helping him is closing fast.

I'll be working about 60 hour weeks starting tomorrow. Spent a lot of money trying to get him back so far and it looks like another $1000 - $4000 is going to be thrown at us in the future from the aftermath.

I can tell you - it wasn't drugs. So we're hopeful that drugs haven't made their way into his life now. But in these circumstances it's scary and very possible that they have.
Back to top Go down
Azaia
Azaia

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with crap right now...   Dealing with crap right now... Sm-compass50Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:40 pm

ms isis;

Hope the situation has improved, my prayers and thoughts are with you and yours. With kids you just never know. Had a similiar situation years ago when my youngest turned 18, come to find out he just couldn't cope with growing up and becoming an adult. Not sure if that's your circumstance but kids are different than were growing up, less coping capabilities and all. Just keep the faith. If it helps any that kid of mine is now 31 and the father of two and dealing with life just fine.
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with crap right now...   Dealing with crap right now... Sm-compass50Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:51 am

coming soon to an end, I fear...

Have reason to believe he's back in town and we'll be able to talk to him soon. We got word that he contacted his girlfriend and let her know that he wasn't coming back home. We're not the type to make him live with us - he is almost 18 after all and free to choose. But we are making him face us and do this right.

In the meantime, we're dealing with the rejection and wondering where in the world did our son go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with crap right now...   Dealing with crap right now... Sm-compass50

Back to top Go down

Dealing with crap right now...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Myss Terrie's Forum :: Archival Vault :: Forum Archives-
Jump to: