Myss Terrie's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Myss Terrie's Forum

Myss Terrie's forum is the online haven for members of the MOUL bevin, where we chat about life, the universe -- and everything.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

La Casa Needs Proofreaders and Link Checkers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Inanna
Admin
Admin
Inanna

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-06-19

La Casa Needs Proofreaders and Link Checkers Empty
PostSubject: La Casa Needs Proofreaders and Link Checkers   La Casa Needs Proofreaders and Link Checkers Sm-compass50Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:33 pm

La Casa needs proofreaders and link checkers. I need folks to go through the site, wandering however you wish, but making notes of problems in both text and technology. For reasons that make my head hurt, I do not hear the music that is supposed to be there on some pages, nor can I always see what is going on.

Please let me know if you find any errors or broken links. If you have tech suggestions for fixes, please share. Also let me know which browser you are using since not all are created equal, but I want to be sure that La Casa can be adequately accessed by all.

On another technical note: does anyone know how to create animated cut-scenes? I can make animated gif files but do not have the skills for the next level.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.webmousepublications.com
Inanna
Admin
Admin
Inanna

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-06-19

La Casa Needs Proofreaders and Link Checkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Casa Needs Proofreaders and Link Checkers   La Casa Needs Proofreaders and Link Checkers Sm-compass50Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:24 am

Because of technical and time limitation adding new content is a slow process. One aspect that is easy to expand are the visions that come via D'ni herbal preparations. These are animated gif files usually involving about 5-9 images. The more images the less we can do with spiffy transitions, but special effects can be included in the images themselves. So far each vision has been based around a theme -- either an age or a concept. We can also incorporate hints to future ages that are in development.

Right now we have visions via the bedrooms and one that is encountered in the great outdoors. So far the three standard visions come from drinking tea, inhaling incense or using a smudge stick. Each bedroom has the three options, but each method produces the same vision. We have the potential for 9 visions, so that each room produces a different vision for each method used. And there is no reason not to change visions from time to time, so that the site remains

About one third of the visions produce linking into an instanced room with hidden goodies. Should you be interested in producing a hidden goodie -- spiffy book, for instance -- go for it. This is one way in which we can allow other writers to link their work into La Casa. Even an age that is only in concept form can have hints that appear in a vision or in "photographs" tucked in a drawer.

Even if all you have are some evocative images that you would like to see as a vision, send them to me and I will see what I can do with them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.webmousepublications.com

La Casa Needs Proofreaders and Link Checkers
Page 1 of 1