Myss Terrie's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Myss Terrie's Forum

Myss Terrie's forum is the online haven for members of the MOUL bevin, where we chat about life, the universe -- and everything.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here

Go down 
+5
Azaia
Atheni33
Rose
ms. isis
Myss Terrie
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Myss Terrie
Admin
Admin
Myss Terrie

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here Empty
PostSubject: Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here   Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here Sm-compass50Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:30 pm

No, I have not abandoned you. I have been busy writing an historical novel and would like to get a lot of it behind me before MO:RE comes online. The research is extensive and some of the writing thus far has been emotionally grueling. I confess that when I tackle a Civil War book about my own ancestors I can get a bit wound up and then the depression sets in. Because I am both an actor and an historian, I end up feeling as much of it as I can so that an eventual reader will also feel it. It is hard on me emotionally and physically.

On the health front I am doing better than before. I have begun a new treatment for migraine and trying to get off the narcotics as much as possible. Withdrawal is a bitch, but I am managing as well as I can.

The bevin is its own entity. I will always be with you, but I know you will find your way together -- for and with one another, even if I am not as active as I have been in the past. You folks so rock and I love you all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.webmousepublications.com
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

Number of posts : 398

PostSubject: Re: Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here   Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here Sm-compass50Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:48 pm

Yay! Our fearless leader is still alive!! Very Happy

I'm busy with some large projects also, but I'm trying to check the board once a day. If you have a need for an admin while Myss Terrie is busy, please feel free to yell at me.

And feel free to just talk and check in with each other, let us know you're still around and that we'll still be seeing you at the launch of MO:RE.

Oh no! Have to stop thinking about that or I won't get any work done. It's been too long since we've had a bevin party. Heeheehee ....
Back to top Go down
Rose
Guide
Guide

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here   Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here Sm-compass50Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:30 pm

I'm still here too - haven't posted in a while, but I'm here, watching and waiting! flower
Back to top Go down
Atheni33
Guide
Guide
Atheni33

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here   Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here Sm-compass50Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:58 pm

Me too! Hanging out on the GOW forums mostly but I miss my homies terribly. Looking forward to making ages together. WooHoo!
Back to top Go down
Azaia
Azaia

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here   Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here Sm-compass50Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:02 am

Still here as well, just haven't been posting lately. Glad to hear you're decreasing the dependence on the drugs Ms. T., I know it's difficult but hang in there. So glad to see Rose & Atheni here and posting. Hopefully we will be back in the cavern soon. afro me back in the day lol

PS see I used your bumper sticker Atheni
Back to top Go down
Gandhar
Guide
Guide
Gandhar

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here   Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here Sm-compass50Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:05 pm

Charura and I are still here also, nervously awaiting the 'good' news...We are glad you all decided to maintain contact and both cannot wait to 'see' you all again...Soon, we hope.
Back to top Go down
SeanMc74
SeanMc74

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here   Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here Sm-compass50Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:45 pm

I'm here, just wait for MORE to begin. I'm mostly working on an Age for MORE and having fun with Blender. I'm hoping we'll all be in cavern by the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
Myss Terrie
Admin
Admin
Myss Terrie

Number of posts : 88

PostSubject: Re: Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here   Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here Sm-compass50Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:14 pm

Well, one thing I can say is that I truly need the therapy of good friends and company. This book I am writing is the hardest thing I have ever attempted, Kadish Tolesa included. Very Happy

The book is much more of a strain than a catharsis. Just so that makes any sense: I am attempting to write the story of a specific group of people during the American Civil War, but limited only to those people -- all of whom were white slave owners in Mississippi. These are my own ancestors. The struggle is that they represent everything I don't like about them, so I am trying to figure out how to make them like-able. And they still lose the war. Nothing I can do about that.

But then I want to get as much done as possible while waiting for MO:RE. BTW, just for a few folks I will try to work your names into the novel. So far there is a cat named Sophrosyne (a nod to one of Ms. Isis's avatars). I will see how many other bevin mates can be worked in. If you do not appear, please do not take it badly. Most of the characters have to be named for actual people.

So I am still around. Waiting. Writing. Going nuts. Tomorrow I have a field trip to Gettysburg.

Also, if anyone out there has a yen for the Civil War, there are only a few remaining copies of my book Far From Home: The Diary of Lt. William H. Peel 1863-1865. I am taking possession of the last 3 dozen from the publisher. The book can be purchased via my website at www.webmousepublications.com (now virus free and safe to surf)
Back to top Go down
Tomala
Guide
Guide
Tomala

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here   Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here Sm-compass50Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:27 pm

I'm alive... I think. bounce
Back to top Go down
ms. isis
Admin
Admin
ms. isis

Number of posts : 398

PostSubject: Re: Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here   Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here Sm-compass50Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:44 pm

ohoh ... that's one strange cat if it has her personality ... LOL
Back to top Go down
Inanna
Admin
Admin
Inanna

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here   Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here Sm-compass50Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:45 pm

Sophrosyne is a very special cat, of course. Mostly because she's a dead cat who only turns up when someone in the family is about to die. The harbinger cat is based in part on a problem I have been dealing with ever since my own cat Bastet died back in April 2007. At night I can feel her climb on the bed, walk along, and curl up. I hear her purr and pull her claws on the rug. She has even kicked me a couple of times. But the cat is dead and no other cat is in my room. Some episodes could be in the semi-dream state, but several times I was wide-awake when it happened. So I decided to use it as a device in the novel and had to name the cat. Sophrosyne seemed to be a fine name.

If anyone out there has an interest in being a character in the novel, just say so. Most of the characters have names because they are historical figures. However, slaves, horses, cats and dogs are often nameless. Not all avatar names are suitable, but many are. I can't make promises to get the entire bevin mentioned in the book, but I can get a few of you in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here   Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here Sm-compass50

Back to top Go down

Just So You Know I Am Still Out Here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Myss Terrie's Forum :: Archival Vault :: Forum Archives-
Jump to: